Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > bock class

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by drengel
we started with a 'bock lite' of sorts, AKA shiner bock. well i grew up on this beer, so that part wasn't so interesting for me, but it was cool to taste it side by side with german bocks.
I tried a Shiner Bock on tap for the first time the other day and I found it quite good. I will admit it wasn't huge on flavors but all in all I enjoyed it very much.

I wish I could find some classes like that. Sounds interesting and fun.

Cheers,
Rich

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 01:54 AM   #12
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kai
... the SNPA clone, did not come out good at all. The bitterness is way to hash. This might be a problem with the Perle hops that I used. But this is certainly a style that I want to improve on as well. Kai
Warning: Try and get your hands on some Magnum hops I did one that used Perle, but mostly Horizon (a Magnum sub), and Cascade and it turned out well. When it came to hitting the SNPA clone on the head, I'd rate it about 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. Magnums are available now and I'm getting some for this purpose!

Old 02-24-2006, 04:42 AM   #13
Kaiser

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb
Warning: Try and get your hands on some Magnum hops I did one that used Perle, but mostly Horizon (a Magnum sub), and Cascade and it turned out well. When it came to hitting the SNPA clone on the head, I'd rate it about 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. Magnums are available now and I'm getting some for this purpose!
Yep, that's what I will have to do. But there is also this nice floral finish, that SNPA has, which is completely missing in my version. I used Cascade as finishing hop. Maybe it's something that partially stems from residual malt sweetness and I have to try this clone as AG.

Thanks,
Kai

Quick Reply