The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > BMC...the switch-a-roo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5980 Times on 5251 Posts
Likes Given: 671

they tried that **** with me once - topped off a budlight with Coors light. I didn't see 'em do it, but I could taste it.

I told the bartender I prefer my light american lagers with rice adjunct, not corn.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
MJDore
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
Great story! So did the customer notice? That is the million dollar question....
Our view of the customer was blocked. We were at the bar and the beer looked to be going to someone at a table. Not sure what happened but it was a solid 20-30 mins before they had the Miller Lite keg back online so I'm guessing the customer never questionned it.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I was at a BW3 the other day and a guy at the bar a few seats away told the bartender that his Coors lite didn't taste right compared to the bottle of it he just drank at the golf course. The bartender checked the keg and it was a new one, so it wasn't that is was old or nearly emplty.

They have probably changed recipes or blended it differently now that they have merged. I used to be a huge Miller Lite drinker, before my tastebuds developed fully, and I swear there was a 3 month stint where I couldn't drink their beer. Something was wrong with it; possibly a huge batch gone bad, but sold anyway or they cut some corners. It was shortly after they were bought up by SAB. A few of my friends said the same thing and we switched to other brands for a while.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waunabeer View Post
I was at a BW3 the other day and a guy at the bar a few seats away told the bartender that his Coors lite didn't taste right compared to the bottle of it he just drank at the golf course. The bartender checked the keg and it was a new one, so it wasn't that is was old or nearly emplty.

They have probably changed recipes or blended it differently now that they have merged. I used to be a huge Miller Lite drinker, before my tastebuds developed fully, and I swear there was a 3 month stint where I couldn't drink their beer. Something was wrong with it; possibly a huge batch gone bad, but sold anyway or they cut some corners. It was shortly after they were bought up by SAB. A few of my friends said the same thing and we switched to other brands for a while.
Looking at your avitar can I be invited to your next party? Please! Please!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgln View Post
Man, I was thinking the same thing! Those are kegs of DFH right?

Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
That was a special blend of beer that night.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #17
SeanT
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwomp313 View Post
Also, on a different occasion we did a coors lite vs keystone lite and we decided that we're pretty sure Coors just packs the same beer into the two different cans and sells one for more money.
I don't know about coors/keystone, but I went on a non-public Anheuser Busch tour at one of their plants with an engineering school group I was in charge of. The plant had a few graduates from our program, and we had a Q&A with that plant's master brewer. They mentioned their quality control procedure, and someone asked what happens when something doesn't meet their standards. They responded that they sell it as one of their "non-premium brands". Asked what that meant, they said "Natural lite or natural ice".

Yes, I said plant, not brewery, cause that's how I view it.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Here's a secret picture from within one of the BMC beer plants.

duff-beer.jpg  

Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #19
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
I don't know about coors/keystone, but I went on a non-public Anheuser Busch tour at one of their plants with an engineering school group I was in charge of. The plant had a few graduates from our program, and we had a Q&A with that plant's master brewer. They mentioned their quality control procedure, and someone asked what happens when something doesn't meet their standards. They responded that they sell it as one of their "non-premium brands". Asked what that meant, they said "Natural lite or natural ice".

Yes, I said plant, not brewery, cause that's how I view it.
Are you sure the question and answer were not confused? I have been drinking Natural Light for as long as it has been in existence probably and I never had it change taste, it is always consistent. I don't believe a bad batch of Bud would wind up being sold as Natural Light. Where is the quality control there? Natural Light is a huge selling beer and I doubt they would intentionally risk screwing it up. Maybe the recipe gets sold as a non-premium beer line?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
billvon
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
I don't believe a bad batch of Bud would wind up being sold as Natural Light. Where is the quality control there?
I agree, it's unlikely; A-B Inbev has one of the strongest quality control systems in the business. I've heard other rumors like this, including this one from Snopes:

"Keystone Light is the exact same beer as Coors Light, it's just that the cans have been rejected by Coors because they've been dented."

Quick Reply