New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > This blows!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
DeadYetiBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default This blows!

Ok, so my cousin moved out yesterday (going to Colorado for school) and we divided up the brewing equipment. Now we both invested quite a bit into the equipment but he supplied far more than me, so therefore he took his share.

Not only did i lose my brewing partner but i lost all this too....

Keggle
Burner & Propane
Hydrometer
Capper
Thermometer for keggle (maybe set it up for a thrumometer)
Auto-Siphon
Wine Thief
Bottling Bucket

Now, i could still do extract batches and just buy the small stuff, but i really don't like it now that i've done All Grain...

I did get left the MLT, Fridge, Tubing, Wort Chiller, and 2 carboys (and 2 HDPE containers for fridge). But man those little things sure do add up... Doing a quick add up of the small essentials i came to $62 (not adding S&H or Tax), not bad, but added with the $45 for the burner and the $55 or more for the keggle... Man, it sucks not having a job. At least i have two batches in secondary right now so it'll give me some time...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'm doing 5 gallon AG batches in the Bayou Classic turkey fryer. Yes, it's only about a 5.5 gallon pot, but it'll get you going. It comes with a burner for about $50. That will tide you over for awhile until you can afford the keggle.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Squirrels
I'm doing 5 gallon AG batches in the Bayou Classic turkey fryer. Yes, it's only about a 5.5 gallon pot, but it'll get you going. It comes with a burner for about $50. That will tide you over for awhile until you can afford the keggle.
Yeah the burner i'm looking at is the 150,000 BTU bayou classic, HD has them for $45 stand alone and i think the kit is about $65 at HD here. I could do that... I could do partial boils (BOOO!) but i should be able to get a keg relatively easy if i go to the same place we did last time.

I'm not too worried, i'm not still so addicted that i have withdrawals if i don't brew every weekend...

(Shh don't tell him but we still have a 35 lbs of grain credit at the LHBS too....)

Quick Reply