Blichmann Floor Burner - Crack in Casting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdowd

Reaction score
Just got a new Blichmann floor burner and it seems there is a tiny crack in the casting. I'll have to take a pic when I get home but I am assuming this is not normal. Thoughts? I'll post a pic later

Just got a new Blichmann floor burner and it seems there is a tiny crack in the casting. I'll have to take a pic when I get home but I am assuming this is not normal. Thoughts? I'll post a pic later

Def wanna see. I just got one so I wanna make sure I'm not getting any cracks on mine. I had issues with it lighting the other day, but fixed it by closing the intake slightly.

Here is the picpic

ForumRunner_20130128_172045.jpg

Mine almost looks like it has a crack where the "intake" meets the stem of the burner, but I think it's actually where 2 pieces were attached together, and normal.

I'd def give them a call. They have solid equipment and will back your investment with a real warranty, unlike most others.

Looks like flashing from the casting process that wasn't completely ground away.

Put a little dish soap in a spray bottle of water, spray that spot and turn the gas on. If it bubbles, send it back.

Looks like flashing from the casting process that wasn't completely ground away.

Take a close look just to the left side of the flat area. Also see my pic above. They all have that flat area from the casting. It's that crack just to the left of it on his, that I think he's talking about.

Take a close look just to the left side of the flat area. Also see my pic above. They all have that flat area from the casting. It's that crack just to the left of it on his, that I think he's talking about.

Yes, that is what I am talking about.

So I contacted northern brewer and they are going to have blichmann send me a new one. Thanks all

Back