Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Biggest Brew Day To Date!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #1
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default Biggest Brew Day To Date!

So this past Sat my two Brew Budy's and I planed a brew day. It started as a 20g day then 30 then 40 and then 50. The day Started at 8am for me and after going to get parts for a broken faucet. I got started around 11:20. I have a twin 2 vessel RIMS set, and a gas water heater that is cranked up water a tap is about 146deg F. So a quick pass through the heating manifold and we pretty much mash straight in.

First 2 batches done cooled and in fermenters by 2:20. Also ran a 4g smalls off of my Stout and boiled it on the stove upstairs. So I had 24 in and done before any of my friends show up. First Friend shows around 3 his grain I had and started the mash at 2:30. My other Budy couldn't get make it till almost 5:30 then we realize that since he bought a grain mill at the LHBS they didn't grind the 24 1/2# grain bill so we broke in the new mill. On 2 grain bills didn't really get grain in mash till 7 then realized we burnt up a element in one system and I didn't have a extra. So had to heat that strike on a burner then dump into mash Tun.

But at the end of the day 54+gal done and now we wait. There is a great feeling when you find out how much you can brew and realize how much you could have brewed if stuff had gone better.

I have great Friends and the fact that they brew makes getting together that much Funner. I hope you all have good Brew Friends as well.

WE ARE BREW NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 03:28 AM   #2
lumpher
Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 15

sounds like, even though you had a lot of problems, it was a good brew day

Taps:
1: Yeti RIS clone
2: Mangrove Hefe
3: Barkshack Gingermead
4: Oatmeal Stout
5: Bavarian Wheat
6: Premium Lager

Fermenting: Concord Wine, ESB

Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

ya but enough Homebrew will get you through any thing. Or great Brews from your Fav. Craft Breweries and we do that my first brew was at 10:30

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Quick Reply