Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Big Brew 2007

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild
I think I have all the info here.
  1. All homebrew clubs and LHBS are banned from serving beer at AZ beer fests. The beer must be purchased from a licensed producer.
  2. The LHBS cannot host brewouts because: They cannot serve beer unless they are licensed to do so.
  3. The LHBS cannot host brewouts because: The parking lot is public domain so a permit to close off an area to keep drinkers from fines for drinking in public is needed.
  4. The LHBS cannot host brewouts because: The LHBS would liable for any accidents or fines received by people leaving the brewout.
We are now looking for alternative brewout locations in the valley.
Are these laws or just this arsehats opinions? in either case . . . If I were you the only thing I would be loking for is my "Dont Tread On Me" flag and a shotgun

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #12
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild
I think I have all the info here.
  1. All homebrew clubs and LHBS are banned from serving beer at AZ beer fests. The beer must be purchased from a licensed producer.
  2. The LHBS cannot host brewouts because: They cannot serve beer unless they are licensed to do so.
  3. The LHBS cannot host brewouts because: The parking lot is public domain so a permit to close off an area to keep drinkers from fines for drinking in public is needed.
  4. The LHBS cannot host brewouts because: The LHBS would liable for any accidents or fines received by people leaving the brewout.
We are now looking for alternative brewout locations in the valley.
I spoke to Sean @ HBD. It sounded like he was going ahead with his brewout on the 3 WE in April. Not sure about the status of serving beer will be.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 AM   #13
azmtnbiker

Recipes 

I was disappointed when I talked to Chuck about 2 weeks ago. He was expecting even more people then last year. It sounded like it took up the whole parking lot and then some.
He also said there was something about having a retail store associated with the event that the liquor control board did not like.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #14
wild
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
I spoke to Sean @ HBD. It sounded like he was going ahead with his brewout on the 3 WE in April. Not sure about the status of serving beer will be.
I say good luck to Sean. This Danny Thomas seems to be a bit gung-ho. And the word is that he's a homebrewer to boot! I heard that Jeffery is attempting to get the exact wording of these regulations and try to find a way for us all to "get a long".

Wild
  3. Robust Porter
  4. Russian Imperial Stout
  5. Mirror Pond Clone dry hopped with Citra
  6. Mirror Pond Clone dry hopped with Centennial
Primary - Nada
Secondary -
From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world. -- Saint Arnoldus

Quick Reply