Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best way to "clean" wild yeast equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
adamjackson
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Default Best way to "clean" wild yeast equipment

I brewed a Berliner Weisse in September and it's looking great with a big pellicle. I bought a labeler so I could label equipment that has been used (carboys and kegs) for "wild" beers.

As I start to do more wild brews, I want to avoid any brewhouse infections as much as possible. So, labeling is one thing but eventually, these yeast strains touch my yeast starter flask, thermometers, syringes, hydrometers and tap lines. It's a lot of contact points.

So, how do I nearly guarantee I'm good and killing all strains when doing a new batch? I hear bathtubs full of PBW and StarSan and you submerge all equipment is one way to do it. or simply having a "wild yeast" set of equipment to keep everything separate.

I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply