Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > best thing she could say

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
ArcLight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 48

>.I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the best swmbo is one who accepts and supports your brew habit but doesn't drink beer. My wife likes my beer and tastes it when I ask her to, but she only drinks hard liquor. Oh yeah, more for me.

I disagree. My wife likes my beer more than I do. So this allows me to get rid of it faster and brew more often

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #12
slatkin
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Congrats!!! My fiancee is very supportive and has even begun to like something other than BMC because of this hobby. She was talking aawhile back about getting a brew shed and asked me last night to try to come up with a unique kegorator design to put in the house. I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #13
BrewinHooligan
High Class Desert Trash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1086 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

Man I'm jealous... My wife isn't very supportive, even after being the one to start me brewing with a Mr Beer kit that quickly expanded to all grain, 5 gallon batches and enough equipment to cover a wall in the garage. She isn't a huge beer drinker though. I do have a batch of mango wine in the works in hopes that I can keep her happy with the hobby as well.

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
- Winston Churchill

Old 09-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcLight View Post
>.I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the best swmbo is one who accepts and supports your brew habit but doesn't drink beer. My wife likes my beer and tastes it when I ask her to, but she only drinks hard liquor. Oh yeah, more for me.

I disagree. My wife likes my beer more than I do. So this allows me to get rid of it faster and brew more often
my sentiments exactly

Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
VladOfTrub
Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 129

GregZ...It's a beautiful thang, when the light of your life wants you to share with her and enjoy, the great obsession of brewing beer. It's great that she's allowing you to have one room in the house, too. That way, after she loads the rest of the house up with trinkets, scented candles, potpourri and useless junk from Bed, Bath and Beyond, that she used your credit card to buy. You'll have one room to go into, to bang your head against the wall and cry... Just Kidding...

Congrats and I hope you stay together forever, brewing many gallons of beer.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #16
SixStrings
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 22

So...does she have a sister?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #17
pigsaarz
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Mate they all start off like that, when I got married I thought she was Miss Right it was only later I found out she was Mrs Always fvcking right, when you get engaged she will have just 3 things on her mind "Aisle, Alter, Hymn" (I'll alter him) My wife only has sex with me for a purpose, this morning it was to time an egg!
Anyhow cobber good luck

Quick Reply