Best husband ever ;)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinggirl

Reaction score
Just got a call from the hubby, seems a friend of his wanted to sell the following ...

2 Corney kegs
CO2 tank w/gauges
Brewing Kit - Scottish ale
Fementor
Bottling Bucket

we're getting it all for $75 bucks! :rockin:

Even though we both started brewing only a few months ago .. me and the hubby love it! This will def set us up for kegging a lot sooner than we expected.

This calls for a dancing banana! :ban:

Damn I'm putting together my keg setup currently and that is a deal! Congrats

Awesome, you a very fortunate. Did anyone else's bananna stop dancing?

Nice find!

This makes me think that I need to come up with a way to brainwash the fiance into loving brewing beer........hmmmmmmm any ideas on how to do it?

Brew a few consecutive styles in a row that she is really fond of. If she only likes one style, tell her you are designing a recipe just for and start changing it using her tasting notes. Pretty soon she will understand how what some things you put into it will change it and she will be right there next to you on brewday to throw in some ingredients.

Nice find!

This makes me think that I need to come up with a way to brainwash the fiance into loving brewing beer........hmmmmmmm any ideas on how to do it?

Easy..

1. Ask her what kind of beer she would like to brew. The battle is half won now. If she doesn't know...time go to the bar and sample. Win/win!

2.On brewing day...hand her a beer, set up brew equiment.

3. Turn on radio, set to her favorite station, tell her how nice she looks and order a pizza so no one has too cook :p Make sure to get her another beer.

4. Do your best Brad Pitt (legends of the fall) impression as you fire up the brewing pot. By this time she'll be smiling...time for another beer ;)

5. Your fiance should be relaxed, happy and ready to keep brewing with you ;) If not, one more beer before the pizza arrives should do the trick :mug:

My wife was really on the fence with my brewing ... I did the same thing as brewinggirl mentioned...

Heres the kicker ...Let her pitch that first Vial/Pack of yeast, I got as brewmate on that day for life !!!!:rockin:

guess I am lucky, my GF wanted to open a brewpub before we met, once I told her I know how to brew she wanted me to teach her. we brewed every weekend for a month and are currently maintaining at least a batch or two a month.

Easy..

1. Ask her what kind of beer she would like to brew. The battle is half won now. If she doesn't know...time go to the bar and sample. Win/win!

2.On brewing day...hand her a beer, set up brew equiment.

3. Turn on radio, set to her favorite station, tell her how nice she looks and order a pizza so no one has too cook :p Make sure to get her another beer.

4. Do your best Brad Pitt (legends of the fall) impression as you fire up the brewing pot. By this time she'll be smiling...time for another beer ;)

5. Your fiance should be relaxed, happy and ready to keep brewing with you ;) If not, one more beer before the pizza arrives should do the trick :mug:

Hmmmmm, so the idea is to get her drunk.....I'm liking this!

lol. thanks for the ideas!

Hmmmmm, so the idea is to get her drunk.....I'm liking this!

lol. thanks for the ideas!

You're welcome;) I find making decisions while you've got a little buzz going is always easier, such as...

Should I start brewing? *sips beer* Why yes!

Should I wait till tomorrow to do laundry? *sips* Hmmmm...sounds good to me :D

Should I quit my job and just brew full time? Hells Yeah!:rockin:

Of course that last one happens later on in the night & is always rescinded in the bright light of morning :( But...someday my beer brewing, opening a pub buzz dream will come true...I just know it!

Good deal ..... I just dropped $250 on 2 ball locks, tank, regulator, hoses, and all the rest of the hardware for my keezer build.

Back