Best compliment yet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbuddy

Reaction score
Had a family party at my house a few weeks ago and along with the Bud and Bud-lite the in-laws usually drink I served my Robust Porter and my Brown Ale. At the end of the night my wife's (very wasted) Bud-lite loving sister in-law comes over to tell that she loved the Brown Ale and that it didn't taste like **** when it got warm. Just had to smile and say thanks

awesome! I love the good compliments. I made 15 gallons for a friend's wedding and people were totally thrilled with it. My beer was gone quick like, and all the other beer was left at the end of the day.

My highest compliment ever was when my dad told me that my cream ale "was almost as good as MGD" in a surprised voice. He hated the kolsch, though. It was way "too hoppy".

Mine was at a brew club meeting where one "beer-hating" woman had so much of my Mild, that her BF insisted on getting the recipe.

mine was from a family friend who recently saw one of my finished brews for the first time. I poured some into a glass and, "DAMN that smells like beer. I mean DAMN" lol.

Homebrew > their face!

I normally expect Lite drinkers to LOVE my beer or HATE it. So those guys don't count for me. It's YOU GUYS!!! that I work on.

Lite drinkers are like people that have eaten ONLY plain white bread all their lives , nothing else and you give them a P&J sandwich. They will LOVE it or HATE it.

WOW, thats pretty intense. Most BMC drinkers that i know fear a beer thats temperature is just above freezing :drunk:!

Hence the new Coors Lite can I saw advertised on the tube; the mountains in the picture turn blue when it is cold enough to drink. :D

Hence the new Coors Lite can I saw advertised on the tube; the mountains in the picture turn blue when it is cold enough to drink. :D

My brother in-law bought some. I had to put the beer in the freezer in order to get it cold enough to activate!!! That there is some cold beer!

Had the meter guy come by while I was brewing the other day. He was asking a bunch of questions (do you have to make it whiskey before you can make it beer :D), and I asked if he wanted to try some. I gave in a glass of Ed's Haus Pale Ale. He said "thats not to bad" in a suprised voice. First complete stranger to try my brew, I was pretty proud.

I got pretty pissed at my buddies girlfriend (who I am not that big of a fan of to start with) last weekend. She works in a brew pub so she "knows all things beer" and my step sister tried my beer and said "Hey that’s pretty good" and my buddies girlfriends response was "Really!?!?! You like it?!?!?! wow"

So I said geeze don't sound to surprised that someone actually likes my beer!

She then went on to try and make it better but she had already pissed me off (did I mention that I am not that big of a fan of her??? :p)

Supposedly she just doesn't like bitter beer

At a pre-wedding party for my sister this last summer i poured 20 gallons of home brew while half of the coors light was left untouched.
5 gal German Pils
5 gal APA
5 gal English IPA
5 gal Cream Ale

That was a huge unspoken compliment.

Congratulations! Compliments are great!

I remember a law school buddy of mine, who was a sworn Miller Lite drinker, having one of my beers and saying "That's some damn good beer, Doakster. It's no Miller Lite, but that's some damn good beer." I was deeply flattered. I was even more deeply flattered when he had another. He had brought some Miller Lite with him.

There is no greater compliment that someone coming back for more. :)

TL

Ray McNeill, never afraid to let you know what he thinks, one of the best commercial brewers that no one really knows, asking me for a second pint of my APA. :rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

a buddy of mine (a sammy smith devotee) said that he liked my brown ale BETTER than sammy smith.. than any of it. he even told me, "you need to make a living out of this. you gotta start up a brewery somewhere, cause this sh*t is delicious"

i dunno if it was just the novelty of the homebrew or what, but i was deeply gratified by the comment :)

I normally expect Lite drinkers to LOVE my beer or HATE it. So those guys don't count for me. It's YOU GUYS!!! that I work on.

Lite drinkers are like people that have eaten ONLY plain white bread all their lives , nothing else and you give them a P&J sandwich. They will LOVE it or HATE it.

You are a wise man. BMC drinkers, for the most part, cannot be converted.

I got my first complement on my first brew... in fact it was the first beer opened! After only 5 days in the bottle I popped one open tonight to test and a friend informed me it "tasted like an expensive beer." In Isla Vista, where everyone spends their money on terrible faux-beers like Keystone, that's quite a compliment! If only I could get some actual feedback from an experienced brewer in 2 weeks when they're ready?

Last week a friend challenged me to put my Octoberfest (actually BM's recipe) up against Sam Adams Octoberfest in a blind challenge. He said he could pick out the SA in a heartbeat after not seeing from which bottles the beers were poured.

He didn't. I win.

Thanks BM.

Last week a friend challenged me to put my Octoberfest (actually BM's recipe) up against Sam Adams Octoberfest in a blind challenge. He said he could pick out the SA in a heartbeat after not seeing from which bottles the beers were poured.

He didn't. I win.

Thanks BM.

that's cool.

I took three of my brews to my local brewing club... they asked if I had done this professionally. They then told me that if they had been entered in the regional contests that they had just judged... they would have won hands down. Next year is what I am thinking :rockin:

The first brew i made i gave a bottle to a Old navy vet, He told me it was just like what they used to drink overseas. Told me to keep them coming. Its great the older people seem to enjoy homebrew as much as myself. Not so much the Born-Raised Bud-lite stlye people

He didn't. I win.

Thanks BM.

Same result here. BM's OctoberFast kicked SA's Oktoberfest all around the block in blind testing.

I think the best compliment is when someone fills their own glass off the taps and end up forgetting about the beer they brought that is in the fridge.

Of course, the BMC usually ends up being left in the fridge when they leave too. Good or bad. *shrug*

Best compliment was a friend of a friend over who got a brown off the tap, "Mmm, that's good. Who makes this?"
Friend: "Jason made it."
FOF: "WOW! You made this? This is almost the best beer ever. Wow!"
Then he mentioned something again in passing a few days later about the best beer in the world. LOL! That was a nice feeling.

Back