Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best brewery/ brew pup/ bars with micros on tap in Seattle??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
DirtBagRob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Best brewery/ brew pup/ bars with micros on tap in Seattle??

Hey everybody, I'll be in Seattle this weekend and I wanted to know your favorite bars or brew pubs in the downtown area. I'm staying near 7th and pike and I have a few hours free on Saturday night (maybe Sunday night depending on whether or not my girlfriend is in a bad mood after the Seahawks game) and would prefer not to drive anywhere (for obvious reasons). I'd appreciate suggestions from those in the know. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
NateW
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I was out there last fall and went to The Stumbling Monk. It's within walking distance of 7th/Pike and was fantastic. It's simple and divey with a small but great beer list.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4896

Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
TrubDog
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I live here, but don't go out much. Try this:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...=Seattle%2C+WA

Old 09-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
rumham
Recipes 

Check out Elysian. They have several brewpubs. Great beers, and they usually have some good guest taps (frequently including a sour).

Old 09-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
troyh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Downtown has a Taphouse and a Rock Bottom, which are okay. Pike Place is good in Pike Place Market. Elysian has a place in SoDo called Elysian Fields too which may be convenient for you after the Seahawks game as it's one block from the stadium (I'm assuming you're going to the game). There's also Collins Pub downtown with a good tap list.

If you can get up to Capitol Hill.... Elysian on Capitol Hill is one of my favorites. Pine Box on Capitol Hill but close to downtown is a new fantastic beer bar.

The best beer bar in Seattle, IMO, is Beveridge Place Pub in West Seattle, which may be too far for you. If you do find yourself in West Seattle, go to The Beer Junction, which is the best bottle shop in Seattle.

But most restaurants in Seattle have good beer menus so you'll be fine if your girl just wants dinner. Local famous chef, Tom Douglas, recently opened a beer tavern called Brave Horse in South Lake Union, close to downtown. Great pretzels, good food and decent beers. If you're partial to Belgian beers, go to Quinn's on Capitol Hill -- good beer and great food.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
eckj84
Recipes 

Brouwer's is near downtown and has 20ish taps and a bottle list that goes for days. Ubertavern is a bit north but always has an amazing selection of both taps and bottles. As other have said Elysian and Elliot Bay are great brew pubs.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
tugbucket
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Ditto on Elysian and Uber Tavern. A few doors down from Uber is Duck Island Saloon. Maybe not as wide a selection as Uber but we like the atmosphere better than the previously mentioned two. Uber and Duck Island are a trek from Downtown. We took the buses when we were there so couldn't even tell you how much a cab would be.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
ktblunden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 259 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I have no idea where it is in relation to where you'll be, but when I was in Seattle I went to a place called Bambino's Pizzeria. The pizza was amazing and they had RR Consecration on tap for $6, which is about half what RR charges. I always wonder if someone made a mistake on that.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
BootstrapBill
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckj84
Brouwer's is near downtown and has 20ish taps and a bottle list that goes for days. Ubertavern is a bit north but always has an amazing selection of both taps and bottles. As other have said Elysian and Elliot Bay are great brew pubs.
Brouwers has 64 beers on tap and boasts 300 different bottles. I agree with going to Elysian. They have awesome beers that are pretty unique. Last time I was there, I had a beetbock and a rosemary IPA which were both pretty awesome.
Notable Empties: Pecan Porter, NorthWestern Pale Ale, Double IPA, Red IPA, Amber

Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
RainyDay
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

As others have said, Elysian, Brouwers, Tap House. Also go to Gordon Biersch, it too is on 7th and Pine (im guessing youre staying at the Sheradon?). Its right across the street and has wonderful lagers brewed to the purity law.

Quick Reply