Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best brew under 4%....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Beernewb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Best brew under 4%....

i really love beer and i gotta cut back, baby coming...my easy drinkers have always been spaten, anything weihenstephaner, the hefeweissbier dark, kristall, right on up to vitus...big fan of taddy porter, actually anything sammy smith and taddy is less than 5, huge fan of dopplebock beers and ommegang for something different...my homebrews are always big flavored beers, I have a choc stout fermenting now...and rcently finished the ahs holiday ale.

oh, so my question, need to cut down on the alcohol, I drink 4-6 beers a day, sometimes one at breakfast, one at lunch and maybe 2 in the evening (16.9 oz, need the bottles for the homebrew), maybe a bit more on the weekend. i'm 42, in good shape, blood test just came back normal, all values. but i WANT to cut down on the alcohol and still enjoy my beer.

so far, i can tolerate pilsner urquell at 4.4 and i found a nice pilsner by Erie brewing at 4.2...hate amstel, can deal with the clauhauster (sp) n/a, but it bloats me and makes me burp a lot.
anything worth trying commercial or homebrew that is 4% or less? i've read about the anchor small beer, but no one can get it for me in jersey.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
UncleFluffy

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I, and everyone I've served it to, think that this is awesome:

Sterling Gold

Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
annasdadhockey
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernewb View Post
anything worth trying commercial or homebrew that is 4% or less? i've read about the anchor small beer, but no one can get it for me in jersey.
You should be able to get yuengling light lager in jersey..tastes decent for a light beer, 3.5+/-% ABV...you can drink lots of them. I had it on tap at the house.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:33 AM   #4
Beernewb
Recipes 

that looks awesome, can i pull that off with a mini mash? i'll read the whole thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleFluffy View Post
I, and everyone I've served it to, think that this is awesome:

Sterling Gold

Old 01-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
Beernewb
Recipes 

thanks for the suggestion..i actually tried that last week...not bashing yuengling by any means, it has a cult following around here including my inlaws...it's just that all their beers leave a metallic taste in my mouth...even the porter, and i'm a huge fan of porters....it's gotta be my palate, no one else seems to mind....they actually have two lights, i think, a light and a lager light..not sure of the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasdadhockey View Post
You should be able to get yuengling light lager in jersey..tastes decent for a light beer, 3.5+/-% ABV...you can drink lots of them. I had it on tap at the house.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
annasdadhockey
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernewb View Post
i actually tried that last week...not bashing yuengling by any means, ..it's just that all their beers leave a metallic taste in my mouth...a light and a lager light..not sure of the difference.
You're not drinking it out of a can are you? It's much better out of the bottle, even better than on tap. The light is more of a BMC type product, the light lager has a bit more flavor(for a light beer) and a darker color than a BMC light. Good session beer.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:08 AM   #7
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

check my recipe pull down for the mild.

Its great and about 3.9%

"Just because i don't care dosen't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

http://www.modernmonks.com