Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > best beer you ever made!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #61
JPicasso
Hackbrewer extraordinaire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I made an extract honey cream ale way back when.(It used honey in the boil, but not sure why I named it a honey cream)
It was the first time I actually shared a 6 pack with anyone (this guy was the first person to ask for some)
Anyways, my notes say that at bottling time, it wasn't very tasty, and I recall not liking it after a few weeks of carbing,
but it was the only beer I had ready when my coworker asked if he could have some. apparently, an extra month in the bottle fixed it,
and we both agreed it was delicious!

Have not been able to repeat brew, even though I have the recipe written down. sigh.
I've made drinkable beers, but that one was very notable. And at least one non-brewer knows that homebrew can be great.

Brew On

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #62
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
Ditto. I like an IPA/DIPA that's on the sweeter side and it seems the only way to get it is to brew it yourself. Every commercial I have tried lately has been way too dry for my taste.
I agree and I have to say this one does it for me. Between the high mash temp and the liquid candi sugar it rounds the beers flavor out better and gives more of a backbone behind the hops adding to the complexity.

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout
Primary : Edicion Regionales Inglaterra
Primary : Oh My Darling Clementine Wheat
On Tap : Red, Wheat, and Blue, Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout 2.0, Cayo Hueso Cream Ale, Atocha Amber

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #63
hungry4hops
Hop to it!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 220

i have to change mine, i just made an oktoberfest for a friends wedding called herr that was awesome!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #64
frankieboy007
Recipes 

Double decoction Maibock, only 5 left in the bottle for competition in November and March, lol!!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #65
Sleepyemt
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My Kate the Great Clone

Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #66
aubiecat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
usually the one i'm drinking...

Blake
Electric BIAB Build | BIAB Mesh False Bottom | Controller/Fermentation Chest

Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #67
TromboneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My best so far is the Oktoberfest I made last March. Creatively lagered by moving the fermenter around my garage. Finally opened a bottle around the same time they were tapping the kegs in Munich.

Next year it's going to be better. Decocted, and I'm going with 70% Munich, 30% Vienna this time. The current batch used 30% 2-row because that's what I had.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #68
Mithranbeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This July I brewed a 90/- Scottish ale kit from Northern Brewer that turned out to be my best beer yet. I've only been brewing since January - 8 all-grain batches - and this was the first time I pitched more than just a smack pack - I pitched two. I was also meticulous about changing out the ice in the swamp cooler, and I think it shows. When I loved the hydrometer sample after bottling, I knew this was going to be special. I don't have a ton of commercial examples to compare it to, but it turned out a beautiful dark amber to red color with a perfect head. The taste is clean, malty, with a hint of smokiness from the yeast - no peated or smoked malt was used.

(The image was from bottling day, thus no head.)

image-2819932464.jpg  

Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #69
Brewcrew02
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Bottled my first CDA/Black IPA (also first full size all grain!) on Friday after 3 weeks primary. I can't effing wait. Everyone so far has liked my extra pale 2 gal extract batch, hybrid pale wheat, and most recently, my second 5 gal. batch ever which I call Cinnister Punkin Ale.

Used AHS Amer. Brown Ale session series (cuz I needed homebrew while waiting for the CDA!), but added some unspiced and 1 large can pumpkin pie filling. Added an extra teaspoon of cinnamon at 5 min left in boil for a kick and next time will add some to secondary. Still can't believe the turnaround time. 10 days tops primary, and like another 10 to carb. Carbed well for such little time due to a slight over-prime. Main bullet-point of this story is, if I make beer better than this, I will always be a happy man. And so will my family and friends!

Next up, American Black Wheat. Harvester of Sorrow Black Wheat or BuckWheat Black Wheat? Inappropriate labels?

harvester.jpg   buckwheat.jpg   cinnpunk.jpg  

"Gave my 500ml Pacman starter that I made last night a hug and wished it a good day before I headed off to work. He's growing up so fast!! Will be a 2liter starter by Saturday and will probably start ignoring me, think he knows it all and end up knocking up some skanky belgain strain before I know it." ~BigTerp
hungry4hops Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #70
hungry4hops
Hop to it!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 220

the BuckWheat Black Wheat is hilarious!