Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best beer you ever made

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #51
coastwx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim View Post
Dean Larsen's SNCA clone
11.75 lb. 2 row pale
1 lb. crystal 55
1 oz. Chinook 13% 60 min.
.25 oz. Chinook 13% 30 min.
1 oz. Cascade 0 min.
.25 oz. each Cascade and Centennial dry hop

I just did a side by side( yeah 2009 SNCA made it to Florida) and it is as good as the original
Planning a porter and IPA brewday on Sat and have a new bag of Chinook, Cent and some Cascade from the last hops order. I'm going to craft my IPA after this clone. May add some Citra to this hops schedule. Thanks.

My best lately seems to be the latest. I'm 1 year into this hobby and the batches from this summer to the present are preferable to just about any craft brew. I'll still buy a sixer a week for a broad selection, but they are starting to accumulate in my beer fridge. A Loose Cannon clone a few batches back has been the best hands down. The hops were not perfectly done to match Loose Cannon, but it was so good, I had a hard time keeping myself to 24 oz on weekday evenings.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #52
bentonre
Recipes 

I would have to say my Oktoberfest that is on tap. It was my first lager and 3rd all grain. I am not sure if it will remain my favorite purely from being the best, but I could see it remaining a strong favorite, simply because it was the largest step change in quality/taste with my homebrewing so far IMHO.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #53
chapa
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My favorite so far, was probably my Amarillo IPA DH'd with Amarillo/Simcoe. But my All-Centennial IPA is right up there. Tastes almost identical to Two Hearted. I'll have to do a side-by-side soon. I've been trying to let it age, and only treat myself to one here and there. I love hops, but am also looking forward to coming up with some more complex malty recipes! Definitely haven't developed the Oak or Smoked palette yet.

Really need to make that Lake Walk Pale Ale sometime.

Bottled/Kegged: Red Rye IPA, Wesside Trip(Westmalle Tripel clone), ESB, Lil Trap (4% Trappist Starter Batch), Robust (Pumpkin) Porter, 3% Little Hopper, "Slick Rick" Old Engine Oil Clone(oaked w/ vanilla and balvenie scotch), Imperial RyePA,
On Deck: Quad, Belgian IPA, Orfy's Mild, Scotch Ale

Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #54
mychalg9
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The best beer I made was my first one: A russian imperial stout from an extract kit. I brewed it last Dec 26th. Its just tasting good now.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #55
jm195907
Recipes 

I've only got a few batches under my belt, but Yooper's DFH 60 min clone turned out amazing.

Quick Reply