New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best Beer Bars in America

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #121
Caboose
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcHokie View Post
Dang, this thread is old!
That it is! I was searching for something and stumbled across it and had to post my favorites!

Kegged:

"It's not weather you win or lose. It's how you place the blame."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #122
Caboose
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeether View Post
Nashville, TN - The Flying Saucer

I live about an hr north of Nashville, I will definitely be checking this place out! Actually Im surprised I havent heard of it!

Kegged:

"It's not weather you win or lose. It's how you place the blame."

Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #123
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 227 Times on 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynnAle View Post
My picks are:

Flying Saucer (Fort Worth Location Only)
Gingerman (dallas not fort worth)
I find the Dallas Gingerman a bit stuffy and cramped. The Fort Worth location is more open, maybe because it is less crowded on the weekends. I agree about the Flying Saucer for sure.

Both chains do pint night but Flying Saucer is way over priced. Gingerman gives out pint night beers at normal price and often they are full pints plus the glass for like $5-6. (At least the one in Fort Worth.)

I also like Old Monk because they bring in some interesting beers neither of the other two chains have.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #124
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf207 View Post
My 2 Cents

Max's Taphouse - Excellent all around selection located in Fells Point, Baltimore, MD. Also host a Belgian and other great festivals throughout the year.
can't believe I had to get to page 10 before this one was listed. Great place.

Toronado is good, but Monk's is better.

And maybe the Brickskellar was good back when this thread started, but it quickly went down hill before it was sold off. As someone pointed out, you had to get to your 5 choice most times before getting something that actually had in stock.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #125
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1 View Post
And maybe the Brickskellar was good back when this thread started, but it quickly went down hill before it was sold off. As someone pointed out, you had to get to your 5 choice most times before getting something that actually had in stock.
I'll agree with that assessment of Brickskellar. Sadly they got to the point where the bottle list was rarely updated. And for some of the bottles listed (Thomas Hardy vintages, etc) I suspect they may have only EVER had a few bottles. It was certainly one of the grand old dames of beer bars though.

Aging: Anejo Rum Sour, BDSA, Flemish Gold, Sour Solera, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Sour Solera, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Barleywine Barrel, "american wild" barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 05-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #126
Schemy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Have to throw some pub for this Omaha beer gem. Best in the country, i doubt it, but it is a great place.

www.beercornerusa.com

This place is the Crescent Moon/Max and Joe's/Uber Hause

Crescent: Great anything micro beer bar. Always rotating taps. Very knowledgable people.
Max and Joes: Belgium come to Nebraska. All Belgium beers. Very informed people.
Uber Hause: Germany come to Nebraska. German beer hall in the downstairs. Get your steins out.

All three unde one roof. Plus the beer store (Beertopia) is attached next door. Great group of people. Very informed and passionate about beer.

Homebrewers Local 402
www.local402brewers.org
Schemy

ON TAP
Sprockets Sticke Alt
Tobin Helles Bock
Funk Sirens Brett B Meridian IPA
Pale Sight Cascade White IPA
Pale Sight Chinook DH White IPA
Milnahorn Vienna Lager
Sir Ryland Sour Brown

Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #127
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Visited Redlight Redlight in Orlando two weeks ago, and was pretty well impressed. Nice draft selection and great bottle selection. I wish we had a place similar here in Fort Lauderdale.

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Old 09-08-2011, 03:54 AM   #128
RunnerJeff
Recipes 

My vote is for the Latona Pub here in Seattle. I think they have 14 taps that are constantly changing. Beers come from not only the NW but the great breweries from San Diego to Colorado to NY. Great food and a nice cozy environment.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #129
kcpup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

+1 on Monks Cafe in Philadelphia.
+1 on Gingerman in Houston by Rice. Gotta love my hometown for that place.

I travel frequently to Salt Lake City and would recommend The Beerhive downtown. Great selection. Food used to be outstanding, but when the Austrian restaurant closed next door their food went downhill. Now mainly crummy bar fare. Excellent beer list both on tap and bottles. Super cool bar with a refrigerated strip right on the bar to keep your brew cool. Not all brews benefit from that temperature, but I love that option.

If you ever get Kansas City:
1. Swagger. Neighborhood bar featured on Diners and Dives. Around 35 beers on tap, another 60 or so in bottles. Food is good. A step up in quality from typical bar fare. For a neighborhood bar it is outstanding! Serve in proper glassware as well.
2. Barleys Brewhaus. Suburban location. Nearly 100 on tap. They specialize in tap beers. Food is good.
3. Charley Hoopers. Another neighborhood bar with a respectable tap and bottle selection. Standard but tasty bar fare.
4. Flying Saucer. Service is typically indifferent, food mediocre, overpriced. However, the beer selection cannot be denied. We rarely go there because of the service and generally overpriced and crappy food.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #130
wncbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I love brickstore in atlanta. You guys that have been there and like it should also check out the porter in little five points. Thirsty monk in asheville is also a lovely place to get drunk

Quick Reply