Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best Beer Bars in America

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #111
friday
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

North Coast Brewery, Fort Brag, CA. It's a fantastic little brewery right on the ocean, great beer, good food, nice folks, and a very unique place to visit. It's way out of the way from anywhere, but if your in the norcal area I suggest making the trip. It will make for a memorable adventure.

My second choice is Boons treasury in Salem, OR. It's a MacMinimums Pretty much all there pubs are a kick in the ass, but this one especially.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #112
gtpro
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ebenezer's in Lovell, ME. Its a true destination beer bar, named the best in the country by beeradvocate. It sits right on a golf course with a nice Belgian/beer themed atmosphere, 35 Belgians on tap and over 700 choices in bottles.

http://www.ebenezerspub.net/

Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #113
no1likesme
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The best beer bar that I have been to was the Hop Cat in grand rapids michigan. They have a great tap selection (not as amazing as some of the lists here) but they had a lot of stuff that was otherwise really difficult to find in the area.

Bottled: Irish Stout
Bottled: American Pale Ale
Bottled: Cherry/pomegranate apfelwein

YOU LOST THE GAME!!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #114
Caboose
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Thought I'd bring this one back up!

The first real Pub I have found in the states is in Delray Beach, FL. Its called the Blue Anchor, it was brought over from England because it was going to be knocked down. It had REAL fish n chips. Their beer selection was amazing! And it had the real pub feel!

The next on my favorites list is an Irish Pub in Nashville, TN. It goes by the name McNamara's. One of the best Sheppard's Pies Ive had since I moved to America! Also an amazing beer selection, plus they have a sports bar upstairs!

A pint at night is my delight, and a gallon in the morning.

Primary: Oatmeal Stout
Secondary:

Old 04-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #115
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Brick Store Pub in Decatur, GA is the best beer bar I have ever been to, and most likely will be the best I EVER go to. Selection is incredible, beer is always fresh and poured in proper glassware, food is great, staff is knowledgeable.

I grew up in Atlanta, and moved 2 MONTHS after I turned 21. I make it a point to get at least once every time I'm home visiting family.

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #116
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Thought I'd bring this one back up!

The first real Pub I have found in the states is in Delray Beach, FL. Its called the Blue Anchor, it was brought over from England because it was going to be knocked down. It had REAL fish n chips. Their beer selection was amazing! And it had the real pub feel!

The next on my favorites list is an Irish Pub in Nashville, TN. It goes by the name McNamara's. One of the best Sheppard's Pies Ive had since I moved to America! Also an amazing beer selection, plus they have a sports bar upstairs!
Blue Anchor is cool, one of the only places to get cask conditioned beer around these parts.

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Old 04-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #117
bryix
Recipes 

kinda hard to believe that Trappeze Pub in Athens, GA hasn't been mentioned yet. if beer alone isn't enough, the food is amazing.

http://trappezepub.com/

Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #118
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 239 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Dang, this thread is old!

I have to sing the praises of Ebeneezer's Pub in Lovell, Maine. I randomly ended up there while visiting friends over New years and couldn't believe their selection, especially for how remote of a location it is. Owner is very passionate about Belgian beers. If you go, ask if you can see the cellar, they are happy to show it off and it is amazing.

http://www.ebenezerspub.net/Beer.html

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #119
TheSeether
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nashville, TN - The Flying Saucer

Winston-Salem, NC - Recreation Billiards

Asheville, NC - The Thirsty Monk (surrounded by great bars but takes the distinction of being the cream of the crop)

Charlotte, NC - The Vintner

Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #120
dantheman13
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Las Vegas!

Our best microbrewery is Big Dogs Draft House. They brew West Coast style beers, and have a good IPA, red, stout, and pale ale. Their seasonals are extremely good; my favorite beer in the world is a double red that they brew called Alpha Dog. Their IIPA, War Dog, is one of the best beers I have ever had. The bar food is really good too.

The best pub to get seasonal crafts Laguintas, Deschutes, Dogfish Head, Stone, etc. on draft is Aces and Ales. Its a small dive bar owned by Alice Cooper's guitar player, but the beer on tap is amazing for Las Vegas. The local Homebrew club meets here every second Friday of the month.

I also recommend Khoury's Fine Wine and Spirits. This is a bottle shop, but they always have three great beers on tap. Last time I was there they had Firestone Walker Double Jack and New Belgium La Folie on tap. On Wednesday nights, Khoury's has beer tastings where beer nerds get together, buy a few bottles, and share.

I owe MrK305 a beer!

My YouTube Channel

Quick Reply