Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best Beer Bars in America

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #101
nvr2low
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Default Syracuse NY

My favorite local is Clarks Ale House, they dont have a huge selection but they have a good atmosphere to make up for it.

Clark's Ale House, Syracuse NY

second favorite local is the Blue Tusk, they have more beer on tap but lack the atmosphere that i really enjoy.

http://www.bluetusk.com/default.asp

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #102
keelanfish
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I'll second. The Brickstore Pub in Decatur, Georgia

www.brickstorepub.com

Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #103
ScottyT
Recipes 

In Salt Lake City there is only one place to go for a truly great beer selection and that is The Bayou. 30+ beers on tap, about 300 more in bottles. Great selection across all styles. Awesome food, good music (jazz, usually) and great service.

The Bayou | The Bayou

I BREW THE BEER I DRINK!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:06 AM   #104
markg954
Recipes 

if your ever in ft. lauderdale go to original fat cats. it's in the downtown area, ask for don.

Old 03-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #105
BtaBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 22

Default Fred's

I'd have to say that my local favorite is Fred's Rivertown Alehouse in Snohomish, WA. They have 32 microbrews on tap, a lot of them featuring local breweries like Mac and Jack's, Leavenworth Brewing Company, etc., and over 50 single malt scotches. Food is great, staff is friendly and knowledgable. They have billiard tables, hard point darts, and overlook the Snohomish River.

They also feature cask nights and brewery nights (I think the next one features Full Sail)

A great place. It was the first alehouse I'd been to where you could buy a growler of one of their draught beers to take home.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #106
Spyd3r
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmohel View Post
Mot sure how anyone has not listed the Brickskeller on this list.

http://www.thebrickskeller.net/

Okay, here is their beer list:
+1 on Brickskeller.

Look, feel, and selection wins hands down. How can you beat walking downstairs to what appears to be a dirty/dingy basement, and finding the LARGEST beer selection in the world?

It feels like you're in an exclusive speak-easy, back in the prohibition days.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #107
BA_from_GA
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmohel View Post
long and short, i needed to split their beer list amongst several different posts.

They have all of these beers in their coolers and their waiters know their beers. With lots of cool old signs on the walls, how is this NOT the best beer bar in the country?!
cause it's not the Brick Store?

i mean seriously. There's nothing that holds a candle to it.

brewing lots, rather not keep it all updated here

inhbc.org

Old 11-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #108
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_from_GA View Post
cause it's not the Brick Store?

i mean seriously. There's nothing that holds a candle to it.
I dunno, that Brickskeller place has it beat very easily based on just the beer list (which is really all we can judge a place by on the internets).

Old 02-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #109
pingwin77
Recipes 

The Happy Gnome in St. Paul, MN. It has been on a few different "top 100" bars in the world lists.

They have over 70 craft beers on tap, over 450 different beers in bottle and over 300 varieties of scotch and whiskey.

www.thehappygnome.com

Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #110
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsmith View Post
The Yard House is a chain of restaurants, mostly in Southern California that have at least 130 different beers on tap. The original in Long Beach has a selection of 250! It's a full restaurant, not a pub, but as far as selection you can't beat it.

Oh, I dislike the Yard House.

They have a pretty good selection, but the staff know jack **** about beer, and they are generally surly and rude in my experience. And, they have the same beer list for every location even though some of the taps are different, so you have to sit there looking at all the taps to figure out what isn't on the list.

In the Los Angeles area, Lucky Baldwin's is OK...they have a decent selection of Belgians. But some of the staff there are downright mean, and I don't think they ever clean their beer lines. We finally stopped going there because the ladies of the group would always order wits, and inevitably one of them would taste infected and nasty. Then the server would tell us that's how the beer is supposed to taste, without ever actually tasting it to see for themselves, and would refuse to bring another beer.

My favorite in the area by far is Naja's Place. 80+ different beers on tap and they are constantly rotating in good stuff. The list on the website is old. Lately they have been updating facebook when they change out taps nowadays. Staff are all very friendly and really know their beer. They also have a bunch of stuff in bottles, way more than what's listed on their website, but to be honest I never order the bottled stuff because there's such a great variety on tap.

Quick Reply