Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Belgium beers... in denial

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #31
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron
So I was browsing the beer isle at the grocery today and noticed that they carry a couple fruit lambics and the three Chimay beers. I was going to try to Chimay as I was curious but they were between $10 and $15 a bottle (750ml) and the bottles didn't look to be capable.
Are any of these worth the price?
Most every beer is worth the price once. It broadens the palate. Chimay is worth it every time IMO - the Grand Reserve (blue) won't let you down.

I love most every Belgian beer I've ever had. About to crack a bottle of Leffe Blond right now!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #32
bpcsatx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Personally, I don't think the Chimay is worth the money. I really enjoy the Maredsous 8 and 10. Especially, the 10 which I think is well balanced for such a big beer. They are reasonably priced at $7.00 for the large bottles and 8.99 for a four pack of 12 oz bottles. There are also several selections of Belgian triples at my local store that are very very good. However, the price being so high is an issue for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply