Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beers to try in Michigan?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #31
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2035 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1115

I forgot about New Holland! Dragon's Milk is probalby my favorite of theirs, but I enjoy their other stuff too. Their Saison is pretty good.

Brewery Vivant is pretty much Belgian only. I prefer the Farmhand and some of their other stuff I can drink, but I'm not much into most Belgian inspired beer. Actually, I really enjoyed their Big Red Coq...

Right Brain is bottling the occasional batch of 22 ounce bombers. I have not personally seen one of their bottles, but I know they bottled up a Pigs Head beer not long ago. Yes, with Pig parts in it... Was supposed to visit Right Brain couple of weekends ago, but didn't make it there. I really liked the atmosphere of their old place, but it was JUST TOO SMALL, really.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #32
PhelanKA7
Relax? RELAX?!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post

Right Brain is bottling the occasional batch of 22 ounce bombers. I have not personally seen one of their bottles, but I know they bottled up a Pigs Head beer not long ago. Yes, with Pig parts in it... Was supposed to visit Right Brain couple of weekends ago, but didn't make it there. I really liked the atmosphere of their old place, but it was JUST TOO SMALL, really.
Their new place is huge. It almost feels too big until you go on a Friday night...

Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #33
JayMac
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Wow, thanks for all of the recommendations! So far I've found a lot of bell's, but shorts and founders has been hard to find. When I get a hold of them I'll let very one know which is my favourite.

I have to say, mad hatter is pretty good!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #34
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2035 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1115

I think Mad Hatter is the normal person's kind of IPA. I prefer mine to be a bit sweeter, like Two Hearted. The MH is a bit dry and harsh for me, but probably hits the IPA lover's definition a bit closer.

Bells ought to be fairly easy, but Mich Tech is way up there. Shorts has a bunch of "oddball" offerings as well. Definitely worth seeking out if you like trying new things. You can't go wrong with the taproom if ever you make it over that way. (BTW Traverse City is turning into some kind of Up North Beer Hotbed! It would make a nice Beercation getaway destination IMO!)

Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
BrasseurGeorges
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Founders Double Trouble was a glaring omission on my part.

Quick Reply