Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beers to try in Las Vegas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
tieflyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

all sounds great, thanks!!! Any specific west coast only beers I should ask for out there?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #12
socalhomebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Im not sure if you get Stone where your at as they primarily distribute in West coast. But I know I've seen Stone IPA in a couple places the last time I was there. Sin City brewery is not bad, but when I was there, they only had 2 of there brews on tap.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #13
Bassman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The gourmetish hamburger place in the Mirage has a good selection. By the way, they serve Anchor Steam in the Mirage Poker room, so that is a plus if you play poker. I personally did not like Sin City, nor did my friend who went with me. When I was in Vegas in December there was no Sin City in the Venetian, it was in Planet Hollywood's ( formally The Aladdin ) Desert Passage. Main Street Station down by Freemont Street has a brew pub which I thought was decent, plus you can play video poker and drink their beer at the bar.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #14
NYCBrewGuy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Burger Bar (at Mandalay) has a good beer selection. So does Todd English PUB at Crystals at the City Center. The food at both is solid (the pastrami at TE Pub lives up to this New Yorker's high standards and all the food there was excellent). Also, while not something you'd usually do with a good beer, if you chug a pint in under 7 seconds at PUB you get it for free.... I'm not much of a chugger but was with a group of friends for a bachelor party and the contest went over pretty well as you could imagine.

As for beers to try, Stone, Green Flash, Speakeasy, and other west coast brewers should be readily available. Somehow, I always end up drinking Fat Tire when I'm out west. Nothing better than a pint of Fat Tire and some prime rib! (preferably after a day of skiing in Colorado powder but a night out in Vegas is a close 2nd)

Old 07-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #15
biochemedic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 27

There are a couple of good microbrew/restaurants outside the city (~20-30 min drive or so as I recall), so if you have a car, I'd look at those...I went to Big Dog, which was really, really good...their IPA was a west coast classic hop bomb with Cascade galore. Tenaya Creek's beer was very good, but I don't recall any particular standouts...the food was good at both places.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #16
vegas20s
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I'm from Las Vegas.

Big Dogs is like my favourite place. They have a restaurant in side so I can bring the wife and kid get good food and great beer.

I've never been to Ellis Island but I've heard good things.

I don't know if they have them back East but the The Yard House has something like 300 beers on tap!

Then there is also The Crown and Anchor it's like and English Style Pub.

I'm sure there's more but I don't go to bars very much.

As far as west coast brews Any thing from Pyramid is usually pretty good,

Stone was already mentioned, try the arrogant bastard ale if just to say you did.

Anchor has a ton of good beers when you can find them.

Buckbean Brewery is in Reno and they make this stout called Black Noddy. I haven't had it yet but my buddy at work says it's the best beer he's every drank.

Quick Reply