Beer Writers Wanted!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJShaw

Reaction score
Hi All!

Here is an easy and fun job!

I am looking for someone or some people to help me with writing some articles on beer and beer brewing.

If you love writing and beer please send me a PM!

Hello. Please give me more information about your opportunity. I'm an experienced and published writer with a passion for beer and homebrewing. Thanks.

Hi All!

Here is an easy and fun job!

I am looking for someone or some people to help me with writing some articles on beer and beer brewing.

If you love writing and beer please send me a PM!

if it sounds too good to be true...

+1

too-good-to-be-true.jpg

You know a bunch of folks have probably already pmmed him with stars in their eyes.

Meh, I've turned down so many offers to write brewing books on here that sounded fishy it's not even funny.

But a friend of mine who has a publishing company is starting a publishing venture has asked me to contribute a beer column every month, covering homebrewing, beer tasting and beer history, whatever I want to do....But I TRUST him.

These things always get my attention, because I spent 15 years as a newspaper writer and editor, and have had one book published. Well, it was about fishing, not beer. I LOVE BEER! :D

But I believe I detect the odor of male cow feces. :drunk:

Tonight I dranked some beer. sum waz homebrewz and some I boughted I had some Oxtuberfest that I madez and so0me puxin beer. The best one was the Russian River Redmption I had in a closet for about a year. People bringed me sum ice so I openeded it up. they say "Iz gooood" I say "No more" they say" :mad: " Tuff brew me sum I sayz and they left.

Can I haz a jobe?

zamial said:
tonight i dranked some beer. Sum waz homebrewz and some i boughted i had some oxtuberfest that i madez and so0me puxin beer. The best one was the russian river redmption i had in a closet for about a year. People bringed me sum ice so i openeded it up. They say "iz gooood" i say "no more" they say" :mad: " tuff brew me sum i sayz and they left.

Can i haz a jobe?

+1

maddad said:
Can anyone tell me if the writing position is still open. I really need to supplement my income after sending the Royal Prince of Ghana my bank account info.

You too? Apparently in a week I'll be getting a large reimbursement from him for helping his cousin with his emergency expenses. Next week I'll be rich! I might even help the OP write his articles for free!

You too? Apparently in a week I'll be getting a large reimbursement from him for helping his cousin with his emergency expenses. Next week I'll be rich! I might even help the OP write his articles for free!

All I had to do was send him a signed blank check and then he said he would cash it for $25, then he would ship me gold bricks! Awesome deal.

Hey, it never hurts to ask for more info, right?

Man, all you guys got is some Ghanian banker? Phhht....I got a real Nigerian Sex Slave for being such an awesome guy.

It's on the site where I used to host a discusion on sex and spirituality on an erotic writer's site years ago..

Hello,
My name is doris caldwell,i am a submissive young lady willing to get a man to explore new things together,i would not mind a live in sex slave so that we can have sex as long as we want and whenever you wish to,i want you to reply if you are serious about getting someone for your sexual desires.

I am willing to meet you so that we can get to know each other much more better,i want a serious master and slave relationship and not just cyber freinds if interested i will send you my pictures if you want,just let me have your email address in your replying mail and we shall get to meet soon,You can also send me an email on ([email protected])

Doris.

I chronicled my adventures with her...

I have a Nigerian Loveslave...Do YOU have a Nigerian Loveslave? Warning, extremely NSFW!!!

(Now I think this should count as my writing audition, it's STILL my best work. ;))

My article submission has been complete for 12 hours and there's no airlock activity. Do you think it is done, and should I move it to a secondary before I send out to the publisher?

nhwrecker said:
Damn. Now I want a counterflow chiller and a Nigerian sex slave. Wonder which one the SWMBO will let me get first.

I think northern brewer is having a two-fer special that includes $7.99 flat shipping.

I'm a writer and I like beer. Is this a paid gig? Then I'd be interested. But you probably won't like my rates. I get upwards of $0.40/word for most of my jobs. If this is within your budget, send me a PM and we can talk.

Hi All,

Wow ... a lot of responses! By no means and I trying to start the Nigerian Prince Scam ... lol!

I'm just an average guy who loves beer and wants to create a publication/entertainment site for people who are passionate about beer.

My plan is to find 5 people who are contributors who love brewing and beer, writing, content creation and want to express themselves and humor others online.

I have some ideas for content that I specifically need help with creating with design ideas for home brewery concepts, tutorials on all kinds on aspects, find the deals on places to make purchases, collect jokes, pictures and hold a contest or two.

When it comes to revenue and money, my plan is to figure out a way to monetize somehow in the future but for now I thought it would be a interesting project to fund, make some new friends and see where it goes. Not trying to be a sneaky or deceiving in anyway ..

@Revvy sorry for the delayed response, I can understand you skepticism with some many unscrupulous characters on forums and such. I work for an Airline here in Canada working 7 days on 7 days off and have limited internet connection during my on time.

Cheers Everyone! I'm loving forward to heading home for pint on Monday!

Dear WJShaw,

way to ruin a good thread with facts.

Now you come out from hiding and tell us that you're legit. See if I ever send you a blank check. I'll keep it for the Nigerians, thank you very much. And speaking of the Nigerians,

What do you expect us to do with the Nigerian Sex Slaves that some of us are now building new bedrooms in our basements for? I have already ordered the soundproof tiles, have figured out where to put the hidden door (behind the bookshelf, of course) and have started reading my SWMBO's Shades of Grey (for research purposes only, of course). Are you trying to tell me that all that work was for nothing?

Sorry to bust your bubble! You sound like you have a great thing going there, don't let me stop you. I'm sure if you put a craigslist ad up you'll get some great responses :D

Glad to see you're good natured about our suspicion and our ribbing, you wouldn't believe how pissy some folks get when we dare question their post or ideas.

Also glad to see you're legit...Had you started off with the full explanation in post 24, you would have gotten a very different response. But instead you set off every alarm bell towards scam you could have possibly done. Being cryptic and suggesting we contact you privately, being new-not having established yourself or introduced yourself before asking something of us, AND not being around after posting this post to respond to our suspicion and questions immediately (Damn that job getting in the way of beer. ;))

Every now and then we get someone in here with some pie in the sky idea, or looking for something FROM us, like a recipe or something right off the bat, in their very first post...Without first giving anything to the community.

You're not the first person who started a thread like this and did the same thing, Looking for a homebrewer with a dream.

We even had some guy on here who wanted us to give him a recipe so his wife could win an award....someone else asking us what kind of brewing tool we "need" so he could patent it and invent it...not knowing a damn thing about brewing...another one wanted to design brewing software, and wanted us to help him...not even being aware of all the brewing software already out there, some of it created by our very own members.....and some of it free.

So I hope you can understand why we were a little suspicisious. What you did, whether you realized it or not, was very bad internet form. For all intents and purposes you came off exactly like those Nigerian Scammers that we posted. It really has sort of an "I don't really care about you and what you have going on here, I just want to take advantage of you," feeling....Especially if you spent some time around here participating and being a part of the culture BEFORE HAND (like some of the vendors on here, they don't just try to sell to us, they actually give back to the group with help, wisdom, insight, and advice...not just trying to take something from us without first giving something back, like us getting to know you, and you getting to know us....

(So how would you act if people came to your home, and this is our home, and did the same thing to you?) I'm sure you would get a little protective of your turf as well.

Sounds like you have a decent idea. Hopefully you'll be successful. I might even be interested, but I don't even know if I'm going to be able to commit to writing a beer column for my friend's new project.

If I can help in some way let me know.

:mug:

WJShaw said:
Hi All,

Wow ... a lot of responses! By no means and I trying to start the Nigerian Prince Scam ... lol!

I'm just an average guy who loves beer and wants to create a publication/entertainment site for people who are passionate about beer.

My plan is to find 5 people who are contributors who love brewing and beer, writing, content creation and want to express themselves and humor others online.

I have some ideas for content that I specifically need help with creating with design ideas for home brewery concepts, tutorials on all kinds on aspects, find the deals on places to make purchases, collect jokes, pictures and hold a contest or two.

When it comes to revenue and money, my plan is to figure out a way to monetize somehow in the future but for now I thought it would be a interesting project to fund, make some new friends and see where it goes. Not trying to be a sneaky or deceiving in anyway ..

@Revvy sorry for the delayed response, I can understand you skepticism with some many unscrupulous characters on forums and such. I work for an Airline here in Canada working 7 days on 7 days off and have limited internet connection during my on time.

Cheers Everyone! I'm loving forward to heading home for pint on Monday!

Sound like a cool idea, I quoted your post to give you an opportunity to proof read it as there are lots of typos, you might want to inquire about a proof reader in your solicitation:drunk:

Tonight I dranked some beer. sum waz homebrewz and some I boughted I had some Oxtuberfest that I madez and so0me puxin beer. The best one was the Russian River Redmption I had in a closet for about a year. People bringed me sum ice so I openeded it up. they say "Iz gooood" I say "No more" they say" :mad: " Tuff brew me sum I sayz and they left.

Can I haz a jobe?

You are hired.

duboman said:
Sound like a cool idea, I quoted your post to give you an opportunity to proof read it as there are lots of typos, you might want to inquire about a proof reader in your solicitation:drunk:

That's why he's looking for other writers to write his blog for him.

My offer still stands. I write for my own site, but also do a lot of freelance writing as well. I don't work for free, but maybe we can figure something out.

I´m only fluent in cutelengo a dialect of norteast africa that is not written so I think I can´t help you

Show us something, eh. Do you have a site? A blogspot? Ideas are cool but if you want other people to invest their time, you need to present some of yours. Quoting the cliche, "Show me the money".

You're from Fredericton huh? I did a job there last year, after I was done with my job I went snowboarding on Crabb Mountain, been there? It's pretty cool.. I like Canada.

I have nothing else to add.

Back