Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Wars movie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
Brew_4iT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Beer Wars movie

This movie is very informative, and although is depressing in many ways also has some parts about it that revitalizes the micro-brewer and home-brewer spirits. If you hate BMC beers this movie will put the nail in the coffin for ya... I had no idea how complex and how severe the monopolies are in the industry.

If you haven't seen this movie you have to go check it out, I believe it is still instant on Netflix for users.

**Spoiler**
I find the test they do for bmc drinkers hilarious, when they cover the beers with brown bags and ask which beer is theirs after they take a sip. So many disappointed faces by dedicated bmc fans to find out to their chagrin they can't identify it out of 3 choices.

"Good people drink good beer" -- Hunter S. Thompson

“The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George...Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security.”
― Ron Paul

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
neko
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Another "Beer Wars" thread???

That movie had so much potential but was disappointing.

Ring ding dong. Ring a ding-ding-ding dong

"We have invented the world's largest laser system" -Ahnold

Old 09-05-2011, 04:17 AM   #3
Brew_4iT
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko View Post
Another "Beer Wars" thread???

That movie had so much potential but was disappointing.
Jaded enough in life?

“The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George...Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security.”
― Ron Paul

Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_4iT View Post
Jaded enough in life?
No Just that it's pretty much been done to death on here..this is just a handful of the discussions. The first one is really interesting, and in depth.

Beer Wars: The Movie

Has anyone seen the movie Beer Wars?

Movie: Beer Wars.

New Movie: Beer Wars.

It's propaganda, which means it's skewed, biased and has an agenda.....which means very little actual facts....You'll find that not everyone who has seen it buys into it's viewpoint. And not every homebrewer/beer snob on here hates BMC, or sees them as the enemy or evil empire.....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #5
Brew_4iT
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

well all documentaries will be biased even statistical data can be transmitted and interpretted in many ways, unless it was done as a naturalistic observation than nothing can be askewed. Atleast people have the gull to put themselves out their and risk even further lawsuits from opposing forces. Better than to sit around on their duffs and go, "no bro that's not right, blah blah blah".

I'm not saying I religiously follow this movie or wept over that lady who used to work with Jim Koch pushing her moonshot brew. But I mean, how can you hate on the notion of the bases of this movie unless your full of yourself?

― Ron Paul

Old 09-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 188 Posts

I have never seen the " documentary" and probably never will because of all the hatred spew from people that " preach " about in on this forum and others just my .02. I like bmc and don't need " them " telling me its sinful I get really sick of these post telling me that I'm a ****ty brewer because I still drink stones. This movie sounds so bias its not even funny. But that's just my humble opinion

Old 09-05-2011, 04:53 AM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyChopps View Post
I have never seen the " documentary" and probably never will because of all the hatred spew from people that " preach " about in on this forum and others just my .02. I like bmc and don't need " them " telling me its sinful I get really sick of these post telling me that I'm a ****ty brewer because I still drink stones. This movie sounds so bias its not even funny. But that's just my humble opinion
+1

Joey, you might find my 2 posts in this thread interesting.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-05-2011, 05:00 AM   #8
Brew_4iT
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm not dictating that, or passing judgment on fellow beer drinkers. But just to bring to light how the juggernauts of the beer industry dictate and manipulate the walls of beer you see in grocery stores and can simply put out a beer "budweiser select" just to take up space to make other microbreweries find a job elsewhere so one kind of beer is singularly the ideal to represent a nation...

Is completely against what is American at heart. Teddy Roosevelt made it his mission to get rid of monopolies so that 1 percent of Americans wont capitalize of the remaining populace. However that's what we are seeing today and that is the principle of the reason behind why I hate bmc, not the beer but the representation.

― Ron Paul

Old 09-05-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
DoubleAught
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I find almost all documentaries are made from the point of view of the one producing it, but if you watch this one with that in mind and try to remain unbiased, it does give some good info from the craft brew side of the story. It kept me entertained for an hour or so.

In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
hattrick3518
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've seen it a couple times, its pretty informative, sure there is a lot left on the table that could have been done. It was still a good watch. Really outed the big breweries for the scumbags they are.

Quick Reply