Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Wars: The Movie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
schweaty
Doe Re Mi Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Beer Wars: The Movie

Beer Wars Movie

Quote:
In America, size matters. The bigger you are, the more power you have, especially in the business world.

Director Anat Baron takes you on a no holds barred exploration of the U.S. beer industry that ultimately reveals the truth behind the label of your favorite beer. Told from an insider’s perspective, the film goes behind the scenes of the daily battles and all out wars that dominate one of America’s favorite industries.

Beer Wars begins as the corporate behemoths are being challenged by small, independent brewers who are shunning the status quo and creating innovative new beers. The story is told through 2 of these entrepreneurs – Sam and Rhonda – battling the might and tactics of Corporate America. We witness their struggle to achieve their American Dream in an industry dominated by powerful corporations unwilling to cede an inch.

This contemporary David and Goliath story is ultimately about keeping your integrity (and your family’s home) in the face of temptation. Beer Wars is a revealing and entertaining journey that provides unexpected and surprising turns and promises to change the world’s opinion on those infamous 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Tonedef131
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Man, they really make BMC out to be the anti-christ. They are just selling people what they want...that's like blaming McDonalds for people liking hamburgers.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2998 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedef131 View Post
Man, they really make BMC out to be the anti-christ. They are just selling people what they want...that's like blaming McDonalds for people liking hamburgers.
I do agree with you about it, but according to them it is war and this is just another attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
mmb
FNG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3166 Times on 3071 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedef131 View Post
That's debatable. Are they selling what the people want or is what they sell the only thing people think is available?

I maintain that more people today like to tie a buzz on than like "beer" as defined by the American Light Lager crowd. America is a beer nation but we don't have the beer culture that exists in places like Germany and the UK. I think that's to the detriment of society. Bars are all about getting drunk and laid, not about meeting friends and producing discourse over a pint.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2998 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
That's debatable. Are they selling what the people want or is what they sell the only thing people think is available?

I maintain that more people today like to tie a buzz on than like "beer" as defined by the American Light Lager crowd. America is a beer nation but we don't have the beer culture that exists in places like Germany and the UK. I think that's to the detriment of society. Bars are all about getting drunk and laid, not about meeting friends and producing discourse over a pint.

That is exactly what this "war" is about it. Things are changing and all considering I think they are changing fairly quickly. More and more brew pubs are popping up and being very succesful and even the get drunk and laid bars are starting to aleast carry 1 or 2 micros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Bars are all about getting drunk and laid, not about meeting friends and producing discourse over a pint.

I couldn't agree more. When I was in Europe, the pub was the place to be. You'd have people of all ages, from teenagers to 80 year old men. Everyone just gathered to talk and enjoy each other's company. Even in Japan, where the beer tasted like water, the pubs were the same way. Good food, good people, and a few beers. It wasn't about getting drunk and laid (although that happened too) it was about people interacting with people.

I really hope that this recent surge in microbrews and brewpubs can bring that kind of culture to America.

Oh, but you can keep your soccer.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
mmb
FNG

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
Oh, but you can keep your soccer.
Rugby. Aussie rules.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Rugby. Aussie rules.

who do you play for mate?

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
mmb
FNG

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktlupus View Post
who do you play for mate?
No set team, but just a bunch of guys that like to beat up each other to a rule book. Mostly old high school and college friends that played football. both types

I'm the little guy at 6'1" and 210lbs.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

look round there is a intramural league here in lower michigan. battle creek, kalamazoo, and east lansing all have squads. also a couple in indiana iirc, been a few since my fat ass played tho i still like to watch when i can. i know the local club here (bc griffons) just started practices for the spring season.

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Quick Reply