Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Vacation in Milwaukee

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #31
ekranzusch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

mmm, Kopp's burgers....................
........ been missing those since I moved from Milwaukee. Many of my favorite beer related establishments have already been covered here, and I just need to say you wont' regret going

Also, if you get things rolling early enough in the day, swing by the safehouse (good luck finding it) and watch the dinner crowd try to get in. It's usually pretty hilarious - especially when influenced.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #32
cellardoor
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordsoth View Post
That would be their R&D releases. Which, at present, is a beer called "Golden Ale" a Belgian Pale Ale, and it is AWESOME! Very Orval-esque. In fact I dare say it may be the best representation of the style by an American brewer (least wise of those that I have tried). But I am biased, heh.

Yup Rich, that is what I meant when I said the brewery only beer. The Unplugged Olde English porter I brought to your place I bought at the brewery, but you are able to find it anywhere in WI. I have 2 bottles left of the R&D Golden Ale and it is just an awesome beer. I wish I had bought more bottles when I was there to stockpile and use for trades in the future. It will be a sought after beer after the supply is gone and the fact it could only be bought at the brewery.

Cellar Door Brewery

Primary: Smoked Porter
Secondary: Flanders Red 2010
Kegged: 10.10.10, Robust Porter, American IPA

"Without algae, there would be no life on earth, the seas would be sterile and the land would be uncolonized."
-Sir David Attenborough

Old 10-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #33
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor View Post
Yup Rich, that is what I meant when I said the brewery only beer. The Unplugged Olde English porter I brought to your place I bought at the brewery, but you are able to find it anywhere in WI. I have 2 bottles left of the R&D Golden Ale and it is just an awesome beer. I wish I had bought more bottles when I was there to stockpile and use for trades in the future. It will be a sought after beer after the supply is gone and the fact it could only be bought at the brewery.
I want to make a road trip up there on a Friday and do the hard hat tour. Let me figure out what Friday is good

Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #34
Talloak
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Next time anyone goes to Wisconsin I recommend you find a Piggly Wiggly and grab a sixer of Lake Louie's Warped Speed Scotch Ale. I am pretty sure it won a gold medal. Fatty Boombalaty is good from Furthermore if you like Golden strongs.

'Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery'

Thinking about: California Common, Fat Squirrel Clone
Fermenting: Greenbelt Pale Ale
Conditioning:
Aging: Strong Scotch Ale, Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison

Quick Reply