Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > this beer tastes so good, oh my

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #1
hpi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default this beer tastes so good, oh my

So a friend who brews gave me a bottle and told me I could refrigerate and drink it in 2 weeks. I am not that skilled in patience and it's thanksgiving day (happy thanksgiving peeps) and I wanted to drink it, but it's only been 6 days since he gave it to me. Anyways, I opened it up and it tastes awesome, is perfectly carbonated, super hoppy. It's making me really want to start homebrewing. But from what I've read a beer shoudn't be ready after 6 days bottle conditioning, do you think it's likely it had already been conditioned a week when he gave it to me, considering how nice it is right now?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #2
campbellmike
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I've had beer that was delicious before it was bottled/kegged with no carbonation. It depends on the beer. Cheers and happy thanksgiving!

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #3
aryoung1980
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If he told you to refrigerate it, then the beer was most likely fully conditioned. The two week suggestion then would've been for it to brighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #4
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2912 Times on 1856 Posts
Likes Given: 5615

I've had some brews perfectly carbed after 4 days in the bottle. and I've had some that have taken months. long story cut short: start home brewing. you already found a great place filled with great people willing to help and guide you through the journey of brewing.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Channel 5 news is reporting g I'm smacked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...
People Like This 
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #5
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2210 Times on 1926 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

I'll 2nd that! We can help guide you through the process with things that fill the gap between your buds & the beer!

Quick Reply