Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > beer taste change

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
aaronwillen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default beer taste change

I just pulled a pint of a wit i brewed about 1.5 months ago after not drinking any of it for about 3 weeks. Tastes like a COMPLETELY different beer. Never really experienced this effect to this degree before. The end.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 656 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Good, bad?

Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

if you drinking from a keg, its possible the yeast has settled and cleared a bit. My wheat beers taste different after I've finished half the keg. Still taste great, just different.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
aaronwillen
Recipes 

neutral...its like way more alcoholic tasting...tastes almost like victory golden monkey..if anyone has ever had that.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
ACo
Recipes 

golden monkey is a delicious beer. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

That's why we say over and over that this is not koolaind we're making. It is a game of paience, and our patience is rewarded...Sounds like you are drinking a well conditioned beer.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
GoNova

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My first brew (a pale ale) was fermented at WAY too high temperatures. As everyone predicted, it tasted rough. Hit the tastebuds hard with a strong "hot" taste. And then after about 5 weeks after bottling, almost overnight it seemed, the beer tasted much better and the "hotness" almost vanished. This is contrary to many that suggested that this taste does not go mellow out over time. Very weird. Time seems to heal a lot of brewing mistakes.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2712 Times on 1630 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by novabrew View Post
My first brew (a pale ale) was fermented at WAY too high temperatures. As everyone predicted, it tasted rough. Hit the tastebuds hard with a strong "hot" taste. And then after about 5 weeks after bottling, almost overnight it seemed, the beer tasted much better and the "hotness" almost vanished. This is contrary to many that suggested that this taste does not go mellow out over time. Very weird. Time seems to heal a lot of brewing mistakes.
Hence this thread.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/neve...en-beer-73254/

WHich you should cut and paste your "story" in...I'm collecting these kinda stories.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #9
vespa2t
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

+1 Never dump the brew. Worst case is you have bottles on a shelf for a year. What are you out?

I have two that are conditioning right now. One came out undrinkable, but I know that in 4-6 months will be a tasty one. there is some crazy chemistry and biology going on in that bottle...let the yeast do thier thing

-Paul O.
Vintage Vespa, Classic Mini Cooper, and Fermentation. Thats my life.

Quick Reply