Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer stores in Lansing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
heyvail
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beer stores in Lansing

My wife frequents the city of Lansing, MI, and I am looking for a quality supplier of ingredients and good beer. I live in the northern lower penninsula(I know, oxymoron but Michiganders understand) and do NOT have a ready supply unless ordered on-line. Thank you in advance!!!!

"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
StoutFan
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hit up HomeBrewTalk Groups - Michigan Mashers for everything you need. This is also very nicely done by a fellow Michigander. Google Maps - Homebrew Supplies Other than that, I'm no help.

Gambrinous - to be full of beer

Last edited by StoutFan; 03-27-2009 at 02:23 AM.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Beerthoven

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Things Beer is east of Lansing, in Webberville, off I-96.

I grew up in Lansing. Used to go through Cadillac all the time when we visited my grandparents in Arcadia.

Primary/Secondary: #109 Rye, #110 APA

Kegged: #106 American Wheat, #107 IPA, #108 Nut Brown

Planned: Red IPA, American Brown

Old 03-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
DRxAndy
Recipes 

yay lansing,
near the west side, in grand ledge theres a nice homebrew shop called the red salmander, they're pretty cool there and offer used equipment and will happily chat with you.

things beer is great too, good prices and selection (i'm just closer to the west side)

for good beer stores, horrocks on the west side has a nice selection, but oade's big ten by frandor/east lansing has the best selection in the area (think its exit 8 on 496, or the east lansing one, take a right at bake n cakes, you'll see it) - also goodrich's shoprite on trowbridge (exit 9 on 496)

Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
Dustin_J
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRxAndy View Post
yay lansing,
near the west side, in grand ledge theres a nice homebrew shop called the red salmander, they're pretty cool there and offer used equipment and will happily chat with you.

things beer is great too, good prices and selection (i'm just closer to the west side)

for good beer stores, horrocks on the west side has a nice selection, but oade's big ten by frandor/east lansing has the best selection in the area (think its exit 8 on 496, or the east lansing one, take a right at bake n cakes, you'll see it) - also goodrich's shoprite on trowbridge (exit 9 on 496)
+1 to everything here. Oade's is the best selection in Lansing without a doubt and both of the homebrew shops mentioned are pretty solid.

"People who choose Bud and Coors over a microbrew are the same people that put catsup on their steak." - Some guy on the internet

Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
SilverKing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

there's also a little organic brewing shop in the Lansing City Market.

Materagaia

little shop, but they've got a decent selection, and the prices aren't bad. Might be worth stopping by, just to see.

If I was looking for a one-stop shop for my needs, though... I'd head to things beer. lots of stuff there.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
MishMisch
Recipes 

There is a home brewing supply shop at 3000 Vine St. right off US-127 near Frandor shopping center. We offer Brewcraft products and we have great hops and yeast from many other sources. Some of our supplies include West Coast IPA, London Porter, Mangroove Jacks, Coopers, Bread Dobbelbock, Lawnmower Lager and many more recipes kits. We have loose domestic hops including Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Mt. Hood and more. In pellet form we stock Ahtanum, Amarillo, Centennial and more. We have both fresh yeast and dry malts and extracts. Carboys, stockpots, bottles, corkers, cleaners, cappers and of course Irish Moss. Anything we don’t carry we will special order for you. Come by when you're in the area and check us out!

Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
dankdave
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishMisch View Post
There is a home brewing supply shop at 3000 Vine St. right off US-127 near Frandor shopping center. We offer Brewcraft products and we have great hops and yeast from many other sources. Some of our supplies include West Coast IPA, London Porter, Mangroove Jacks, Coopers, Bread Dobbelbock, Lawnmower Lager and many more recipes kits. We have loose domestic hops including Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Mt. Hood and more. In pellet form we stock Ahtanum, Amarillo, Centennial and more. We have both fresh yeast and dry malts and extracts. Carboys, stockpots, bottles, corkers, cleaners, cappers and of course Irish Moss. Anything we don’t carry we will special order for you. Come by when you're in the area and check us out!
I'm aware of three beer supply stores in the area. All three opened up within the past 6 months.

Capitol City Homebrew Supply is on Michigan:

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CapitalCityHomebrewSupply

(as Mish pointed out) That's How we Brew:

http://www.thatshowwebrew.com/

And Williamston has a new beer stor, Home Brew Depot:

https://www.facebook.com/HomeBrewDepot

Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
davekippen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 417

The only thing I can add to the above notes is another bottle shop - "Rainbow party store" on the north side of town. Great selection of craft beers, rivals any spot in town. Here is their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbow-Party-Store/236793813108484?fref=ts

Hit me on Untappd https://untappd.com/user/davekippen

Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
bduane
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had no idea that shop just opened up in Williamston... about 20 minutes from me, I'll have to check it out.

There is a new shop opening in Howell, MI right in town on Grand River, opening within the next week or 2 I believe. It is run by the owners of the Howell Mainstreet Winery.

Quick Reply