The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer and sausage dinner at Blue Hill tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
blakelyc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default Beer and sausage dinner at Blue Hill tonight

Heya folks! Michael and I attended the 8th annual beer and sausage dinner tonight at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. Breweries present were: Captain Lawrence, Kelso, Bronx, Stillwater, and Maine.

The meal was amazing.. All house made charcuterie, sausage, and various parts of pig. The beers were pretty goo, but here were the standouts:

1.). Stillwater poured and Brett Saison that had been citra dry hopped. Probably my favorite of the night.
2.). Captain Lawrence poured a lemon thyme "dry hopped" wheat beer that was lovely.
3.). I was intrigued by Bronx... They have a "we only do pales ales" thing, but they are definitely outside the realm of only pale ales.

Maine was only pouring Peeper and Mean Old Tom, both of which are widely available. For an event like this, they should have stretched a bit.

All in all, it was a great event with first-class food and some good showings from some regional brewers. Highly recommended if you are in the area next year.

-Blake

------------------------------
The Alementary Home Brewery
http://www.alementary.com

Planning: Munich Helles, Maibock
Primary: IPA
Secondary/aging: Straight Lambic, Berliner Weisse
On tap: Dortmunder Export, Cider
Recently Kicked: American Stour

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply