The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer for neighbor recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
ruppca26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Beer for neighbor recommendations

I would like to brew a batch of homebrew for my older neighbor. He is always looking out for me and looking after my house when I am gone. He is also interested in homebrew and I think it would be a nice thank you. He likes Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark. Does anyone have a suggestion of recipe or style that would suit his taste.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppca26 View Post
I would like to brew a batch of homebrew for my older neighbor. He is always looking out for me and looking after my house when I am gone. He is also interested in homebrew and I think it would be a nice thank you. He likes Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark. Does anyone have a suggestion of recipe or style that would suit his taste.
An Oatmeal stout I think would be good. Another thing would be to not just make it for him but have him over to help make it. That way while he's drinking it he's thinking "I made this".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
snailsongs
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

+1 on inviting him over to help.

I think leinies creamy dark is more of a dark lager type beer.....my recollection of it is that it has very little heavy roast flavor and is much smoother than a stout.....use carafa II or III and a bit of chocolate malt, a touch (1/2 lb or less) of medium crystal and use a kolsch yeast fermented low, then lager for a month and you should end up with an approximation of creamy dark....or atleast a damn good, smooth drinking beer.

oh, and hops I would use some tettnanger, hallertau, and/or saaz for a real schwarzbier effect...otherwise maybe just some goldings.

Quick Reply