beer on Iron chef

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
America, I am watching it right now. All European beer. I would like to see some american.

they had a dinner impossible epp where they cooked with hops, and beer was involved in every recipe. kinda cool

Not all the beer is European. The Brooklyn Chocolate was already mentioned, but the Shiner Hefeweizen is also in there. Although, Kevin Brauch called it a Belgian Style...:p

I miss the original Japanese version of Iron chef, I usually don't like the American version, I think we killed the show and make it too easy on the chef's. They should have kept the same rules as the Japanese.

However this was one episode I would have really liked to have been on the panel for. They really should have gotten more Beer enthusiast judges for it. Julie Chan was a very poor choice. And I am always happy to see Bobbie Flay lose, I don't know why, but I just don't like him and it makes me happy that he loses so much.

The ultimate show for me would be to see Alton Brown come in as a challenger.

Alton brown would woop some ass if he ever competed. Jeffrey Steingarted did int really contribute too much to the beer discusion but atleast they had the brewer dude. There rerunning it in California as we speak. Im watching

Alton brown would woop some ass if he ever competed. Jeffrey Steingarted did int really contribute too much to the beer discusion but atleast they had the brewer dude. There rerunning it in California as we speak. Im watching

Alton Brown is more of a take the science approach to cooking and analyze everything to find the "best" way to do something.

I think the Iron Chef's would wipe the floor with him in that style of competition. :p

Alton Brown is more of a take the science approach to cooking and analyze everything to find the "best" way to do something.

I think the Iron Chef's would wipe the floor with him in that style of competition. :p

+Elevenity billon

It was a very interesting episode and that fruit cobler w/ Chocolate stout/brown sugar/floor crumbs looked awesome!

It was a very interesting episode and that fruit cobler w/ Chocolate stout/brown sugar/floor crumbs looked awesome!

No doubt.

Pineapple caramelized in pale ale(?) w/ strawberries, bananas, and a crust of brown sugar, BB's Black Chocolate Stout, with Pale Ale meringue and a reduction of BB's Black Chocolate Stout with caramelized bacon as a garnish.

I'm hungry AND thirst all at the same time!

when isn't carmelized bacon and beer a good thing? And i digress, Alton Brown if NOT being timed would do pretty well, but yes yes hes more of a scientist. Long live science.

I miss the original Japanese version of Iron chef, I usually don't like the American version, I think we killed the show and make it too easy on the chef's. They should have kept the same rules as the Japanese.

However this was one episode I would have really liked to have been on the panel for. They really should have gotten more Beer enthusiast judges for it. Julie Chan was a very poor choice. And I am always happy to see Bobbie Flay lose, I don't know why, but I just don't like him and it makes me happy that he loses so much.

The ultimate show for me would be to see Alton Brown come in as a challenger.

:off: I probably would have made an exception for beer. But I concur, imho there wasn't a better show EVER. Drama, Comedy, Competition, Exotic ingredients and masters working their skill...what's not to love? The American version is a shadow by comparison.

I only got to see the last few minutes of the show :(. The only thing I will say for Bobby was I thought he told what styles of beers he used much clearer than his competitor. Then again I only seen the last 20 minutes or so of the show.

Back