Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Fetching Robot. I want one!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
madewithchicken
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Beer Fetching Robot. I want one!

It has been my dream to own a monkey that will fetch me beer. After talking to my girlfriend I have learned that I am not allowed to have a beer monkey. And since it takes a long time to raise a child to beer fetching age I am forced to look into other alternatives.

I thought of training the dog but then the dog will have access to the fridge. She already opens all the ground level cupboards.

So in this world of electronic everything why can't I find a nice BeerBot? Does anyone have one that works for them? I have seen RC coolers, beer throwing mini fridges, and beer pouring bots.

RC coolers are dumb. If I had the foresight to load the cooler with ice and beer why wouldn't I have a brought it to the couch?

Beer throwing bots are even more stupid. Not only could I put the mini fridge next to the couch, but it also shakes the beer.

And I do not need a robot that will pour my beer. I am lazy but come on.

So I have 3 plans to deliver beer.

1. You know those chutes at the bank the take you paperwork and deliver you money? So the "bank" side is in the fridge and the other side is either at the desk or the couch.

I am sure I can get the thing to move with a shop-vac motor and some pvc pipe, but how do you do the bends? I mean there would be some fabrication involved in making a 90 degree turn.

2. Two words. CENTRAL BEER! You put a mini fridge at each "BeerSpot." In the fridge you a have a cold plate in a bucket of water.

I pretty much already am using this on a small scale. I have a mini fridge with a coldplate in it. The kegs sit on the outside of the fridge (one is inside the fridge as well.) The Central Beer idea would just mean more hose. I may not get the pressure I need to get up to the attic but still not a bad plan.

This project ignores the fact that I could just put bottles in the fridges

3. This one is a bit more complicated. You take one RC car and put a wireless webcam (or one that transmits on TV frequency) and some kind of beer basket on it.

Install a doggie door in your fridge and maybe a ramp. I am not sure how to deal with condensation or how to keep it charged in the fridge.

You bring up the webcam on your computer (or TV) and use the remote to drive it to you.

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Check out my videos on my profile or at:

1920fairfax.com Just voted the worst show on the internet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3522 Times on 3409 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That seems like a lot of work. Isn't this why you have a girlfriend?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
madewithchicken
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah but it save the 15 second walk to the fridge.

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #4
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2781 Times on 2733 Posts
Likes Given: 114

mkay that was funny

Good thing I have a 4 year old that loves fetching beer...

Of course, In trade I have to go to the outside freezer to get her pop-i-cle...

Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What you need is a centralized soda vending machine of sorts, and on the exit point hook up that vacuum tube system the bank uses. Install a remote to press the button on the vending machine and active the vacuum system.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
That seems like a lot of work. Isn't this why you have a girlfriend?
I was wondering the same thing.

OK you mentioned training a dog, that reminds me of something - this is a true story. Some buddies I knew back in college had an apartment together, so I go over to their place one afternoon and there is like this rag/towel thing tied onto the refridgerator door. So I asked them "Hey whats this about ?" and they said, thats so the dog can fetch you a beer. I was all like "No way!" and they said "Yeah its true, one dog will go and open the fridge and bring you a beer and the other dog will go and close the refridgerator door". I still didn't believe it, so we all went into the living room and sat down where we could see into the kitchen and they told the dogs to go fetch a beer. I **** you not, the first dog went into the kitchen and bit the towel hanging on the refridgerator door and pulled it open. Then the dog got in the fridge and took out a beer and brought it too them. Then the other dog went in there and pushed the refridgerator door closed. Coolest dog trick I ever saw. Dogs did everything but open the beer and pour it in a goddamn glass - no kidding.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
pirate504
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

LOL that sort of an idea reminds me of :

sounds like someone is posting their ideas past their bed time

x2 on the g/f or wife fetching the beers in time of need ....delivered with a smile and some enthusiasm

Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
noremorse1
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Next Up - Beer
Primary - T.H.E (The Hell Em) Session Pale Ale
Secondary -
Kegged - Heart of Darkness Cascadian Dark Ale
Bottled - American IIPA, English IIPA

Old 12-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 446 Times on 444 Posts
Likes Given: 11

OK, let's see if I got this straight.... you want your beer brought to you by any means other than you having to get it yourself. Then you can loaf around doing what you do and not be bothered by such a long arduous journey to the fridge. What happens after two or three of these? You still have to get up off your big ass and tote your junk to the can, right?
You aren't thinking this all the way through. Put a TV, small workbench, and mini-fridge beside the commode! Problem solved!

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
madewithchicken
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
OK, let's see if I got this straight.... you want your beer brought to you by any means other than you having to get it yourself. Then you can loaf around doing what you do and not be bothered by such a long arduous journey to the fridge. What happens after two or three of these? You still have to get up off your big ass and tote your junk to the can, right?
You aren't thinking this all the way through. Put a TV, small workbench, and mini-fridge beside the commode! Problem solved!
When I was single at my old place the bathroom was on the second floor. I know it sounds gross but as long as you are not really aroused a Gatorade bottle is great for peeing in. It is hard to pee more than 32 oz. If you are drunk there is no aiming.

And after a night of heavy drinking it is good to fill up on liquids. Though be careful you drink the Gatorade and not the piss.

Since the little lady would probably not approve of my Gatorade plan I am looking into the stadium pal. If you do not know what a stadium pal is google it. Or listen to David Sedaris:

Quick Reply