Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer developing haze over time?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
dougdecinces
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Beer developing haze over time?

I brewed a Bohemian Pilsner in April and have been drinking off of it since June. For various reasons, I hadn't touched it in a few weeks. I poured myself a pint a few days ago and what was once a crystal-clear beer has a noticeable haze to it. Originally I thought some sediment might have been kicked up from when I cleaned my keezer last Sunday, but I just poured it again today and it is just as hazy as before.

Has anyone heard of a chill haze or protein haze developing over time? If so, what are the causes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Black Island Brewer
An Ode to Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 361 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 211

I have heard (but not tested myself) that if you serve at a colder temp than you lagered at, additional chill haze can form at the lower temperature.

"Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die/Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply