Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer carb'd and tasting pretty good after 5 days in bottle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
daholl01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Beer carb'd and tasting pretty good after 5 days in bottle

I have about 6 AG batches under my belt, and a decent about of homebrew in supply but because this is my first batch of a recipe I created myself I was very eager to get a taste.

This was a pale ale recipe fermented with WLP001 and after 2 weeks in the primary and only about 5 days in the bottle, it seemed to be completely carbed and actually tasted very good (probably my best batch to date).

There is no doubt in my mind this will be even better when aged properly, but I was under the assumption it would take more time to carb and would still be quite green tasting. Any comments/experiences with such young beers actually tasting quite good? Is the California Ale yeast any faster acting than others?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Ooompa Loompa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've had some beers that were pretty close to fully carbonated (and tasting pretty good) after 5 days. I think it kind of depends on how "awake" the yeast is when you bottle.

Drinking: Super Shpadoinkle Blonde Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply