Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Boycott

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #31
z987k
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim View Post
So I take it that none of you buy from the major auto companies and instead buy Ferrari's, Bentley's and the like. No major appliance companies either, only the smaller really expensive( sub-zero, Viking etc) brands. Of course we all buy only Marc Levinson Audio home theaters systems.....right?
You're talking about something you almost have to have in this country... except for a few cities. Beer certainly is not. Comparing a necessity to a luxury item.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #32
trailblazer
Recipes 

i dont ever buy bmc, but if im at a friend or family members house and they happen to offer me a coors light in a bottle, i will not say no. i dont think coors light is that bad, it taste a little like water but its nothing compared to natty ice or miluake. if i was dieing of thirst in the desert i wouldnt drink one of those.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #33
B33R
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I actually just watched Beer Wars myself. I think its screwed up how they make it so difficult for the craft brewers and micro brews to get their products in the store. Slowly they are getting their beers in though and i hope they continue to.

I don't drink BMC beers because i don't like them. For the last 2 years all i've really bought have been micro brews. I'll get some german, belgian or english beers here and there but i can get some good micro brews by me so that's what i drink a lot of. Also its hard to keep up with who owns what any more. Drink what you like and don't worry about it.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:48 AM   #34
smackythefrog
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=niquejim;1866162]So I take it that none of you buy from the major auto companies and instead buy Ferrari's, Bentley's and the like. No major appliance companies either, only the smaller really expensive( sub-zero, Viking etc) brands. Of course we all buy only Marc Levinson Audio home theaters systems.....right?

You pay the small guy for quality of the product. All companies that you listed have amazing reputations and make a person willing to spend more for that. If there was a huge company that made an amazing beer, hell yeah, I'd be all over it. We just don't have that problem here.

~~The D!rty Word Brewery~~

Joe Dragon Likes This 
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #35
northernlad
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
They are what they are....very popular. I don't understand why people who wouldn't think of having a LITE wine, will want a lite beer. Well I do understand, people think that beer is for getting drunk and wine is for fancy events
Yes, the ladies who are "wine drinkers" with their Beringer White Zinfandel in a 6oz wine glass at the bingo hall.

I applaud those of you gracious enough to accept a Coors Lite offered by your host. Add me to the list of asshole guests.

I don't mind the idea of Wal-Mart and it's business model. I do mind that they vacated a perfectly good building and moved across the freeway just so they could super size it. That earns an embargo from me.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
Weezknight
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlad View Post

I applaud those of you gracious enough to accept a Coors Lite offered by your host. Add me to the list of asshole guests.
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been known to drink Pepsi during an entire Super Bowl party because the hosts only had Coors Lite and Bud. Sorry, I just can't do it anymore.

Planning: 4 Bines IPA, Heights #10 Irish Red
Primary: N/A
Secondary: N/A
Bottled: N/A

Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hmm. If everyone boycotted BMC, then the micros would get too huge and you have to boycott THEM, cause they'd get too big. Just drink what you want.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #38
SteveM
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
So I take it that none of you buy from the major auto companies and instead buy Ferrari's, Bentley's and the like. No major appliance companies either, only the smaller really expensive( sub-zero, Viking etc) brands. Of course we all buy only Marc Levinson Audio home theaters systems.....right?

They are what they are....very popular. I don't understand why people who wouldn't think of having a LITE wine, will want a lite beer. Well I do understand, people think that beer is for getting drunk and wine is for fancy events
I have a Honda. I don't see the connection between beer and cars.

Black Diamond Brewery

Think global, drink local.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #39
SkiSoloII
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Difference is big- vs. small- ticket items. They call beer/alcohol quasi recession-proof due to the nature of cost and effect. Doesn't cost much for beer/alcohol to have the desired effect, whether that effect is tipsiness (BMC swillers) or pure enjoyment (us "purists"). Costs lots more for the autos in question for the adrenaline/aquisition/ownership high. Working for one of the domestic auto companies, I can assure you that the motor vehicle industry is not recession proof.

Dave

Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #40
Ksosh
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSoloII View Post
...Doesn't cost much for beer/alcohol to have the desired effect, whether that effect is tipsiness (BMC swillers) or pure enjoyment (us "purists")...
Ugh, how pretentious.

-Ksosh
----------------------------------
Primary: Belgian Dark Strong, Version 2
Secondary: Second running session ale #2

Quick Reply