Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Boycott

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
Steelers77
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I just watched the film also, and I must say the big three, well I guess mostly Bud are some scumbags. It was scary to see the Busch's talk about taking on their rivals, they likened it to war. The way they buy (bribe) space in bigger supermarkets, probuce beers under the name of other brewing companies to try and trick the people who like craft brerwed beers. Crazy, I said to myself that I will try my hardest to never drink another Budweiser product in my life.

Get your hops, 85 varieties starting at $.75/oz!

Accuflex Bev Seal Ultra in stock now!

Farmhousebrewingsupply.com

http://farmhousebrewingsupply.com

https://www.facebook.com/Farmhousebrewingsupply

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Farmhousebrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
wonderbread23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't drink them because there are more tasty options available to me. Its really just a matter of taste to me. If I had to spend my life avoiding big, scary multi-national corporations I'd never leave my house (then again, I got my mortgage from a large multi-national, so there you go).

Old 02-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
Munsoned
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

American companies? Miller/Coors/AB?

South African/Canadian/Belgian?

I understand that they still employ some folks in the US, and generally give a pretty decent wage though...

Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I would imagine a lot of us here more or less boycott BMC beers anyway. And quite frankly, even if every single HBT member never bought another BMC product, it wouldn't effect their bottom line one bit.

Carboy 1: Falconer's Flight IPA
Carboy 2: Honey Jalapeno Saison

Old 02-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSpartan View Post
I would imagine a lot of us here more or less boycott BMC beers anyway. And quite frankly, even if every single HBT member never bought another BMC product, it wouldn't effect their bottom line one bit.
Exactly. Most likely home brewers the world over let alone HBT don't buy enough macro brew that it would make any difference.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 510 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I have not bought commercial beer BMC or craft for about four months. It would be a different story if I had a brewpub near me where they served a decent cask ale, but there is not. Put simply, I am already drinking what I like at the price i want to pay. I don't feel like throwing money down the drain for piss OR hops bombs.

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #17
subtlephilo
Recipes 

It's actually not that hard in Vancouver, because we're in the pacific northwest. Although the Molson plant is here (and Coors has bought out several of the mid-size breweries) we have a number of great craft breweries and plenty of bars that serve their beer. I personally like Phillips and Driftwood.

Primary: Pappy's Papaya Pale Ale
Bottled: Cascade Dry Hopped IPA, Elbro Nerkte Brown, Cafezhino Dark Ale
On Deck:

Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #18
gtpro
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I live within ten miles of a brewery. . . a bigass Anheuser Busch factory in Merrimack, NH. Good memories there as a kid, my parents used to take me to see the Clydesdales.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #19
Jersh
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

My father-in-law is in upper management for a large supermarket chain in the SE US, and with that he interacts with a lot of the sales/marketing folks for the major beer distributors in his area. And because I'm his son-in-law, the two main beer reps (one for Bud, the other for Miller/Coors) essentially fight for my affection when I'm around (we attend a lot of charity functions where both are present). Thankfully they both also distribute some decent beers (one carries Sam Adams, the other has Dogfish Head) so I can at least drink good beer when I'm around them and not piss them off. The great thing is that I never have an empty beer when I'm around them, if I'm drinking a SA, the other rep will buy me one of his beers, bring it to me and take the competitors beer and toss, and then the other will do the same in a never ending rotation. It's a good problem to have. The moral of this story is both of the reps really do think that their respective swill beers are really the best beer that there is. I once had the Bud guy give me a 10 minute diatribe about how Bud Light is so delicious because of the fresh hops and other fresh ingredients that they use in it. Another benefit of knowing these guys is that they both attended my bachelor party last year, and they paid for our entire tab at the nudie bar... I lost count of the number of lap dances that they bought for me, I'd sit down from one, and another girl would walk by and they'd grab her and make her grab me for another dance. Again, no complaining from me!

Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 510 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I want HIS problem!

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Quick Reply