The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer bottles are getting to big

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
Spartan1979
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Spartan1979's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Posts: 1,125
Liked 88 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Default

Used to be some barleywines would come in 7 oz "nips." It made sense to buy stronger beers is smaller containers, now most of the RIS and BW come in bombers.

My fridge is full of bombers because I don't have some to drink them with often enough.

__________________
Spartan1979 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,388
Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
I'd definitely rather get some of the lost abby stuff in 12-16oz bottles rather than 750ml.
In my experience, people aren't willing to spend 5-7 dollars on a 12 ounce bottle of beer but will have no problem pulling the trigger on a 12-15 dollar bomber of the same stuff.
__________________
IffyG is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
Cranny04
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Culpeper, Va
Posts: 411
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IffyG View Post
In my experience, people aren't willing to spend 5-7 dollars on a 12 ounce bottle of beer but will have no problem pulling the trigger on a 12-15 dollar bomber of the same stuff.
I left it out of my article, but the prices of the larger bottles make no sense either. A lot of time the 4 pack costs less per ounce than the bomber. Goose Island is a great example. I bought the 4 pack of Sophie for $12.99. The bombers were going for $10.99.

It doesn't make any sense.
__________________

My Blog: Bros Beer

Cranny04 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #14
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,388
Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranny04 View Post
I left it out of my article, but the prices of the larger bottles make no sense either. A lot of time the 4 pack costs less per ounce than the bomber. Goose Island is a great example. I bought the 4 pack of Sophie for $12.99. The bombers were going for $10.99.

It doesn't make any sense.
Find a place that selling individual 12 ounce bottles and the price per ounce difference will mostly wash out. IMO Either way, if you are getting your panties in a bunch over the price per ounce of beer, you shouldn't be buying beer in the first place...
__________________
IffyG is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
Cranny04
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Culpeper, Va
Posts: 411
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IffyG

IMO Either way, if you are getting your panties in a bunch over the price per ounce of beer, you shouldn't be buying beer in the first place...
That's why it was left out of the article
__________________

My Blog: Bros Beer

Cranny04 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Do You Cut Beer Bottles? ultravista General Beer Discussion 10 01-18-2012 08:46 PM
177 Bottles of Beer/Coke/Beer on the Wall porterguy General Beer Discussion 2 10-15-2011 01:34 AM
Pressure in beer bottles GoCardinals09 General Beer Discussion 6 03-16-2011 02:06 AM
Bell's beer bottles? Q2XL General Beer Discussion 12 03-12-2009 12:02 PM
Vintage Beer Bottles Figbash General Beer Discussion 8 03-11-2009 07:12 PM