Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Bloopers...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Whiskey Sowers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Beer Bloopers...

What are some of the drunken brewing screw-ups?....Our last one was drinking rum and beer and forgetting to add hops....yes, forgetting to add hops. Then, pushing the carboy stopper down into the carboy of wort....then, after making (I know,...in our state we thought this would work...) a stopper of duct taped aluminum foil for the air lock, the next morning waking up to an exploded foaming mess all over the closet floor, then having to pour the stuff out in the pouring rain, and to top it off,...the stopper is stuck inside the glass carboy...Did I mention the hangover?

Mmmm...Cider.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Houblon
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn and I think its a major "blooper" when I forget to add the whirlflock tablet.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
bennyd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Two batches done and no major bloopers yet. I emphasize the YET. Unless you count getting a little overambitious with the second batch and following the recipe that called for 3 lbs. of honey. After a week the reading was 1.006.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Soon I'll move the operation outside and open the door to a whole new set of potential mishaps.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2258 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 1241

I usually forget the Irish Moss. Not a huge problem now that I have learned about cold crashing. But I seldom get drunk, and never drunk while brewing. I got too much going on in my head to enjoy the drinking.

Homer's Brew Log

Old 02-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Tried to put a paint strainer bag filled with marbles and 3oz of hops into a 6.5 gallon glass carboy. Spent 20 minutes trying to get it in and 30 minutes taking out the hop sludge and marbles with my fingers.

When I was collecting and washing my yeast, my container spilled all over my floor when I was pouring it into the bottle. **** sucked.

Also, I was cleaning out all of the spent grains from my mash tun and putting them into a garbage bag. I made the mistake of using a regular garbage bag and not a heavy duty one. I hauled the bag into my garage, went to go life it into the garbage bin, and it busted from the bottom. I loled and raged hard at the same time. It was an easy clean-up in a garage with shovels though.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Hotspur
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think this is the thread you're looking for: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/what...t-great-96780/

(In before Revvy!)

Old 02-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
I think this is the thread you're looking for: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/what...t-great-96780/

(In before Revvy!)
Well, I don't think this is necessarily pertaining to "bloopers" or mishaps that have some effect on the beer (e.g. breaking a carboy, spilling something, etc.).

Quick Reply