Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer,Beer More Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 940 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 28

My first order from morebeer was a bad experience also. The 3-piece airlock came in a 100 pieces and the circle cutout in the bucket lid for the stopper was more oblong than an egg and putting the stopper in to the widest diameter part still left a gaping hole. I had them send a new airlock and the next larger stopper and said I'd make the hole larger and rounder. Yes, they fixed my problem but I couldn't make my first batch for another week. Not the end of the world, but I haven't ordered from them since. I wonder if they realize they lost about $500 in business because of poor quality control?

In contrast, I made a large order with brewbyu.com out of NH. I mean, 50 lbs of a bunch of different grain in 1lb increments. They shorted me one pound. In that same order, they backordered 4 packs of Windsor yeast (no charge). When they sent the replacement pound of grain, he threw in 4 packs of Windsor with a note saying. "These are a a few days past expiration but no charge, thanks for your business". THAT is customer service. Hey, you screw up an order and inconvenience someone, you have to go a small step above just fixing it to leave an impression.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Last edited by Bobby_M; 03-15-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #12
Beer Weevel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Follow Up

Bobby, That's my kind of customer service. I recalled the customer service number several times and did'nt reach anyone? So I called the northern california store and reached a sales person who after 5 min of waiting helped me, any way they are sending the correction? We'll see? I just can't believe how many times it happend to me? I own my own business and we (my staff and myself) bend over backwards and go the extra mile to solve any problem my customer has. It costs about $25.00 to attract a new customer so you better take care of the ones that already patronize your services!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #13
ColoradoXJ13

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts

I just ordered 4 better bottles (1x6 gal, 3x5 gal) from morebeer on monday, got an e-mail the next day saying they were out of the 6 gal and the whole order would be held until they have the 6-gals in on the 26th...oh well, wish they had updated the page beforehand (it says out of stock now) but thats life, I have enough carboys to make do for now.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #14
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot99
No problems with Austin; they're good. I ordered some stuff from them and had it a couple of days later - quick turn-around and good service. Only thing is they don't have everything I need, and they charge shipping.
Help me out. What do you need that we don't carry?

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply

Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #15
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

I feel your pain man, not from morebeer, but from a smaller brew suppliers store called hoptech. SUPER nice guys, but they just didn't have it all together in the shipping area. I placed a lot of orders from them and all but one had an issue. Everytime I ordered grains for an AG brew the bags would bust open while shipping and I'm stuck trying to get loose grain out of a cardboard box... I know this hurt my efficiency. One time they forgot 3lb's of DME when I was making a barley wine... turned out to just be a heavy ale. That was disappointing as well.

I started shopping with northernbrew and they are awesome. Not one bag has leaked, everything's been in perfect condition and it gets here fast. Not to mention they charge WAY less for shipping. These guys at hoptech were charging me too much, they said they were charging exact shipping costs, but northernbrewer has been 20 bucks cheaper on shipping cost everytime with the same weight.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #16
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinhomebrew

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply
Forrest!

Good to have you here! I order from you guys all the time--even though I have a local HBS and even an online one closer than you guys. Your prices and customer service are over the top! I get everything shipped in 2 days--can't beat that for the price.

Keep up the awesome work!
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #17
AleHole
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I have used Williams a few times and love them. 2 days from placing the order to having it on my doorstep. With only 6 bucks for shipping its cheaper for me to order from them and I don't have to pay 8.8% sales tax or drive anywhere.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:26 PM   #18
Brewing Clamper

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply
Since you're here... how about some hop rhizomes?...

--Omar

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Old 03-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply
Mashpads.

http://www.homebrewadventures.com/shopping/index.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=homebrew&Product_C ode=MP-13

http://www.homebrewadventures.com/shopping/index.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=homebrew&Product_C ode=MP-17

I consider you among the big 3, but I find Northernbrewer and B3 easier to navigate. They seem to present more photos per click to help identify what I am looking for. This is especially true for small hardware. Not everyone knows what a 1/2' close nipple is until they see it. I hope that you look into that because I would use you more often.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 03-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #20
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 605 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I like More Beer's prices and selection. I avoid them because of their:

3 day picking/packing process.
Frequent backorders.
Unwillingness to ship a partial order when something is on backorder (unless you make a 15 minute phone call).

As for Austin Homebrew:

Forrest! Thanks for becoming a part of the forum! I've had nothing but positive experiences with AHS thus far. I agree with olllllo, your site tends to be a bit more difficult to navigate than others. The search function is particularly annoying. Check out More Beer's search layout - I find it a lot easier to use.

Quick Reply