Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > BCTC - Belgium Comes to Cooperstown 2010 - Need advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
joshuafields
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default BCTC - Belgium Comes to Cooperstown 2010 - Need advice!

Hi all --

A group of us is headed to BCTC at Brewery Ommegang this weekend. This is our first time attending. We have camping passes, and the Ommegang website says that the grounds open up for those with camping passes at noon on Saturday. However, we heard through the grapevine that we should arrive earlier than that to get decent spots. Can anyone who has been before advise? What should we expect? The grounds seem like a large space with plenty of room to spread out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Who else is attending?

Kegged
Cream Master Cream Ale / Robot Small / Light Cave Wit + oak barrel experiment / new Citra/Amarillo IPA / Robot Small / Bankrupt State Cali Common /

Bottled
Belgian Strong Dark Ale (oak barrel) + brett test / Third Nipple batch 2 / Saison (first one!) / Impaler IIPA / Mickey Rourke Dry Irish Stout / Afterglow Pale Ale / Third Nipple Brooklyn Tripel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
joshuafields
Recipes 

Nobody here has camped at BCTC?

Kegged
Cream Master Cream Ale / Robot Small / Light Cave Wit + oak barrel experiment / new Citra/Amarillo IPA / Robot Small / Bankrupt State Cali Common /

Bottled
Belgian Strong Dark Ale (oak barrel) + brett test / Third Nipple batch 2 / Saison (first one!) / Impaler IIPA / Mickey Rourke Dry Irish Stout / Afterglow Pale Ale / Third Nipple Brooklyn Tripel

Old 07-30-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3725 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 3224

Camping at a brewery? Sounds sort of odd (but great, of course).
Actually, sounds like a LOT of fun.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
joshuafields
Recipes 

Here's a taste for you!

Kegged

Bottled

Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1067 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I went last year but I got there at about 9:30am. Some of the folks in my brew club had already setup camp the night before because they were volunteering and/or had VIP dinner tickets. There seemed to be plenty of room for additional tents but groups of people do kind of claim areas for their later arriving friends. It's a big field but it's also a LOT of people. Get there early. They didn't stop us from parking and from that point, there's no way to stop you from walking to the field some 50 feet away.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
garbs
Recipes 

I'll be there tomorrow, but sadly I wasn't quick enough to get a camping pass

Can't wait!

Old 07-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
Sigafoos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Bahh, I really want to go to this. I always forget though, and say 'next year!' Though next year I might be there with beer

Camping, festival atmosphere and beer. Doesn't that sound like the best event ever? (let's duct tape Lollapalooza to it or something and I'm pretty sure it qualifies as heaven)

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
garbs
Recipes 

If anyone going wants to make room for a second tent on the grounds, I'd be happy to throw in a bottle of consecration that I have sitting in the fridge

Old 07-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1067 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You guys realize that a lot of tickets go up for sale this week as people figure out that they have to work or whatever. Check craigslist.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #10
joshuafields
Recipes 

Wow, what a great time... a little too great. I think my liver still hurts a little.

We decided not to rush and arrived around 1pm on Saturday. There were certainly a ton of people already there, but we found a good spot with plenty of room to spread out.

For future reference, there was also a list at the entrance with phone numbers of people who had extra tickets to sell.

Kegged

Bottled

Quick Reply