Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > BB Oktoberfest
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
EnjoyGoodBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default BB Oktoberfest

Got a BB Okatoberfest (kit) said that it could be fermented at ale temps. Wich i wont be able to get it down to the colder dagrees what it actually calls for ( can't remember what the kit said). So do you fuys think it'll be alrght at around 68 to 69•? Or is that to high? The kit did say it would work in ale temps. Just wondering.

__________________
EnjoyGoodBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LandoLincoln's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 2,146
Liked 535 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer View Post
Got a BB Okatoberfest (kit) said that it could be fermented at ale temps. Wich i wont be able to get it down to the colder dagrees what it actually calls for ( can't remember what the kit said). So do you fuys think it'll be alrght at around 68 to 69•? Or is that to high? The kit did say it would work in ale temps. Just wondering.
What kind of yeast are you using? It all depends on the yeast.
__________________
LandoLincoln is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
EnjoyGoodBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoLincoln

What kind of yeast are you using? It all depends on the yeast.
1 sachet.
__________________
EnjoyGoodBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Horseballs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shaker Heights, Ohio
Posts: 157
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

BB oktoberfest comes with US05, an ale yeast. Which means that it will work great at 68 F.

__________________
Horseballs is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
EnjoyGoodBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseballs
BB oktoberfest comes with US05, an ale yeast. Which means that it will work great at 68 F.
Thank you. I was wrong on the 1 sachet then? Thats what the paper said. Least I think
__________________
EnjoyGoodBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
Horseballs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shaker Heights, Ohio
Posts: 157
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer View Post
Thank you. I was wrong on the 1 sachet then? Thats what the paper said. Least I think
You aren't wrong, it is 1 sachet of Safale US05 yeast. Happy brewing.
__________________
Horseballs is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools