Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > ball lock connector to hose barb?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
txinga
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default ball lock connector to hose barb?

Not sure where to post this.

I just bought a blichmann beer gun but didn't buy the $20 kit as I figured I wouldn't need additional ball lock fittings and tubes.

What I didn't realize was the beer gun doesn't come with one very important piece. The gas in fitting. So I head down to Lowes and find a hose barg to 1/4" MIP fitting, great - now I'm ready, or maybe not...

Now I need to figure out how to attach my CO2 line? I have ball lock kegs. I have a four way valve coming off my CO2 tank with four threaded disconnects. I was thinking of getting another barb fitting to screw into a ball lock post (the one the gray connector goes on) but don't know if someone has already done this and could provide the info on what fitting to look for. Or does someone know what fitting would connect to the threaded tail piece or whatever it's called.

This way I don't have to fight with a double barbs and screw clamps on one of my four CO2 outlets (and the leaks associated) and could just pop the barb/poppet assembly onto the gas in connector when I want to fill bottles.

Cheers,

txinga

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
JefeTheVol
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Are you trying to connect flare fittings to NPT fittings? It might be easier to provide pictures to help us figure out how to help you.

-Sometimes I feel like I'm up beer creek without a pint glass-

-May the IBU's be with you-

Old 08-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This is already getting WAY over-engineered...

KISS is head to a Harbor Freight or other like store. Buy a brass airline QD. I use these on both my Co2 tanks With no problems. After a year 1 now has a slow leak in it and needs replaced, So I will have to spend $5... You will also need hose barbs. (Oddly I was headed to that store today for a non-related project so thanks for the reminder!) The other QD is still fine.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
txinga
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That was a light bulb moment right there!!

Thanks,

txinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
This is already getting WAY over-engineered...

KISS is head to a Harbor Freight or other like store. Buy a brass airline QD. I use these on both my Co2 tanks With no problems. After a year 1 now has a slow leak in it and needs replaced, So I will have to spend $5... You will also need hose barbs. (Oddly I was headed to that store today for a non-related project so thanks for the reminder!) The other QD is still fine.

Quick Reply