Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Backbreaking at times

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Backbreaking at times

I am never really unhappy about the labor I put into the love of brewing.

Last night was a simple clean the keg, transfer the beer, harvest the yeast, clean the carboy, hoses, every other blessed thing that I used or touched. Today was label everything that needed it.

It is work, but mmm, I love it. And I'm looking forward to more.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. - Steven Wright

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 416 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 307

Yeah, sometimes the work can get to you but it's all worth it once your glass is filled with yummy beer. The only thing that erks me a little are the friends that are never around for all the work and think that beer just magically flows from the kegerater.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Marlowefire
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Don't give them beer if that's how you feel.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 47

A pull of the handle rekindles my fire.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
I_B_Mongo
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I actually don't mind all the work and cleaning-in fact I find it quite relaxing. I turn on the radio or TV, pour a beer, and work at my own pace.

I'm lucky enough to have all my brewing stuff in the basement, which includes a commercial SS 3 bay sink. It has a spray arm and I also attached a garden hose to the faucet too. It makes cleaning a lot easier.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
DarthMalt
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL_Brewer View Post
Yeah, sometimes the work can get to you but it's all worth it once your glass is filled with yummy beer. The only thing that erks me a little are the friends that are never around for all the work and think that beer just magically flows from the kegerater.
I guess that's one good thing about bottling: you can always leave a bunch down in the cellar, out of the fridge!

Of course, I kind of dislike all the labor involved with bottling. Really can't wait until I have enough money to start kegging.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
yorkbrew
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_B_Mongo View Post
I actually don't mind all the work and cleaning-in fact I find it quite relaxing. I turn on the radio or TV, pour a beer, and work at my own pace.

I'm lucky enough to have all my brewing stuff in the basement, which includes a commercial SS 3 bay sink. It has a spray arm and I also attached a garden hose to the faucet too. It makes cleaning a lot easier.
Wow some day I hope to have the same. I keep building all these rad brew tools and really all I want is a SS commercial sink. Some day...

Until then I'll fill the void with enormous kettles and temperature control projects

Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
I_B_Mongo
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbrew View Post
Wow some day I hope to have the same. I keep building all these rad brew tools and really all I want is a SS commercial sink. Some day...

Until then I'll fill the void with enormous kettles and temperature control projects
Thanks. I really just lucked into it. My dad's friend had to demo rights to a local mall. My dad told me about it, and gave me the guys phone number-figuring I could probably salvage SOMETHING out of the ordeal. I got the last sink that he didn't CUT UP with a recip saw...yeah...he was cutting them up for scrap SS. Otherwise I would have bought them all and resold them.

I paid $100 for it, and spent about 2 hours power washing/de-greasing/scrubbing/etc it. Well worth the money and effort. We plan on selling the house in a year, and I've already told the wife that the sink will not stay with the house!

Keep an eye out on restaurant equipment auctions in & around your area. Around here the usually go for about $300-400, but still a good investment, IMO.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
yorkbrew
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_B_Mongo View Post
Thanks. I really just lucked into it. My dad's friend had to demo rights to a local mall. My dad told me about it, and gave me the guys phone number-figuring I could probably salvage SOMETHING out of the ordeal. I got the last sink that he didn't CUT UP with a recip saw...yeah...he was cutting them up for scrap SS. Otherwise I would have bought them all and resold them.

I paid $100 for it, and spent about 2 hours power washing/de-greasing/scrubbing/etc it. Well worth the money and effort. We plan on selling the house in a year, and I've already told the wife that the sink will not stay with the house!

Keep an eye out on restaurant equipment auctions in & around your area. Around here the usually go for about $300-400, but still a good investment, IMO.
My big hang up is the space I brew in, a rental house. I've got to build things I can take with me, which I'm going to be doing in about a month. It's just not a great idea to put in too much plumbing into a place like that. Some day I'll make that happen but it won't be for a WHILE I think.

Quick Reply