Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > back in action!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
ejunk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default back in action!

first off - hello! my name is evan (aka ejunk) and this is my first post on homebrewtalk.com. I live, work, play and brew in West "By God" Virginia.

my buddies and I used to brew a lot of beer. we all started out extract brewing and moved into all grain. for various and sundry reasons we all fell out of it for the last few years. as of this weekend, however, we're back! two of the three of us (guy #3 had to go out of town) brewed a 5 gallon all grain batch of one of our house Bitter's (a best/extra special) yesterday and it went swimmingly! we made a few errors (mash temp was a touch high, sparge temp was a tad low), but we're collectively thrilled with how it went. due to freak temperature drop that followed this blizzard the fermenter got a little cold last night, but I gave it a blanket this morning and it's starting to pick up some serious speed now.

anyway, glad to be back and looking forward to being part of this forum! we're brewing another batch next week (another best/extra special bitter - we're real ale lovers, I guess).

yrs-
Evan!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Pick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome back Evan! I am back into it after a 6 year hiatus. Brewed a partial grain/LME on Thursday night and it is fermenting nicely. Going to keg mine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply