HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Austin Homebrewing Supply??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #11
xMalachi
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 802 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 53

They are going to be having Free Shipping starting tomorrow and ending Sunday on orders over $49. I will probably give them a try for that. I've never heard bad things about them though.

Primary#1: Empty
Primary#2: EdWort's Apfelwein
Primary#3: Empty
Primary#4: Empty
Bottled: Lady Liberty's American Pale Ale, Honey Weizen, Pumpkin Ale, Zombie Dust Clone
BrewMasta Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #12
befus
Mr. Infecto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMalachi View Post
They are going to be having Free Shipping starting tomorrow and ending Sunday on orders over $49. I will probably give them a try for that. I've never heard bad things about them though.
Yep, I need some specialty grains to complete a brew I have planned and will get an econo kit to go over the $49 limit. All my orders there have been completed accurately and shipped promptly. Good folks.

Award winning:
Northern Brown Ale

"Guess I'll watch some TV, cuz it's nice to see people more messed up than me."

Primary:
Bottled: Wee Ain't Heavy (Wee Heavy);
Kegged: Brown Rhyno Old Ale (Rye Knot+ clone); Second Amendment Vanilla/Bourbon Porter; Pale Ale (a'la EdWort's Haus Pale);
On Deck: Northern Brown; Kolsch; Apricot wheat,

Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
kepo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Has anyone tried their Hop Rod Rye clone? I was thinking of ordering this today and couldn't find any reviews.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
kepo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh yeah the extract version in case you were wondering.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #15
Hogarthe
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

I've ordered a couple times from them. always got everything in a reasonable time frame, always shipped correctly. I did their anniversary wheat beer a couple years ago, when they were selling anniversary kits for $20. It came out decent, I would say good but I didn't get the clove taste I wanted, though that could be my fault. Someone told me I needed to do an acid rest to get good clove, and I just did a single infusion, so I probably screwed that up.
I did thier Cooper's Sparkling Ale clone as well. That one came out fairly close to the original, drinking them side by side.
I'd definitely purchasing one of thier kits again, if I see one that I found interesting.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
DisturbdChemist
It's Beermans World!
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1234 Times on 848 Posts
Likes Given: 527

I always get my stuff from AHS because they have better service and better ingredients than the local one down the street. I always had a good experience with them until now. Ordered friday and still hadnt shipped. I called up and they were waiting on a few things that they did not have in stock. It was a lack of communication because they did not let me know what was the hold up. I was hoping to brew this weekend now i cant. The things they were out i did not need for the brew day. Its the first time they made me made but i'll still use them. Just a lack of communication and a company cant be perfect. Just had to push my brew day back when ever i get the ingredients.

I do not have a drinking problem. Unless I'm out of beer...

"Alcohol is very, very bad for... children. Once you turn 21, alcohol becomes very very good" - Leela (futurama)

Untappd: BiggTexx

Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #17
CycloneinCarolina
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I had a good experience in December when I first bought from them. About to throw a couple bottles of their Double Chocolate Stout in the fridge and see how they are.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
WileECoyote

Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 181

Austin's is a Great place to get supplies from, I live in Arizona = 120 deg in summer, last summer I asked Austin's if I could place a liquid yeast order and have it packed and shipped on the follow monday so it wouldn't sit in a brown oven with tires over the weekend, Austin's said Sure We Can Do That For You ! They even surrounded the yeast and ice packs in the middle of my grain order to help insulate it, just like I asked them to do, it worked great.

I asked this same question of just about every other big supplier and the answer was ether, we have No way to to do that or just No we don't do that.

Thanks Austin's Homebrew Supply, Great Service, Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff, Quality Supplies, Orders are Right the First Time, Fast Shipping, and the Only Supply'r I know of that will hold your order till the date you want it shipped.

I have ordered from Austin's about a dozen times now, its always the same experience, GREAT!

PS I have not tried a ingredient kit from them, as I order grain's and make up my own kits.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

WileECoyote
Naked Brew

Bartender Ill have what the gentleman on the floor is drinking.

I have spent more $ on brewing equipment than my truck cost! WileECoyote

Green beer sucks, let it age/condition/finish and become great before drinking it. WileECoyote

Good/Great beer takes time! if you want a quick beer go to the store or bar! WileECoyote

Things come and go. Good beer will live on for ever ! WileECoyote

Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #19
jma99

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The holy trinity: (as far as I'm concerned)
Northern Brewer
Midwest Brewing
Austin Homebrew -Go Forrest!

God's own drunk, and a fearless man.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #20
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor

Recipes 

Liked 187 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 102

AHS is my go to supplier. They have the best customer service from ANY vendor dealing with ANY product I've ever needed/ordered. Cheap shipping, good prices, fresh ingredients and AMAZING customer service. In my opinion you can't go wrong with AHS.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Quick Reply