Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Austin Homebrew Supply and slow service (Not normally the case)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #1
wildwest450
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Austin Homebrew Supply and slow service (Not normally the case)

How long does it take to bag 14lbs of grain, and throw 4 packs of dry yeast, and a better bottle in a box? Apparently close to a week. I placed order last Wednesday morning, card was charged on Thursday, still no order. I called yesterday and the guy said it was "still processing", mabey it will ship by Monday or Tuesday. I know AHS is a good place and everybody (including me) loves them, but I NEED my stuff. Im on a tight brewing schedule and now it's it's jacked up.
Along with kudos and props, everyone needs a good spanking now and then.

Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
Chello
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yeah, i ordered late Tuesday last week and emailed them saturday to check to make sure nothing was out of stock or anything. But got a response today saying that it should be shipped tonight or tomorrow morning.

They said they have been getting so many orders in lately that they cannot get them shipped next day anymore.

"Retail is for suckers."

Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
Bytor1100
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

If you went with the Brew saver shipping, I believe they process them in the order they were received, so if there is a backlog, it will take longer until your order is shipped. I've always used this, but my orders have always shipped within a couple days after I ordered.

30 Gallons - Malty Moe APA

Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I always order during the sales, so I always expect a few days lag time. My last order was placed around 3 am Saturday...it shipped Monday PM, and was here Wednesday. I can't bitch about that.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well ****. Less than an hour ago I ordered a second fermenter so I could have a brew day this weekend. From what it sounds like it will be the next weekend. Of course, by then my first fermenter will be empty. I guess i'd end up getting two eventually, regardless.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #6
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor1100 View Post
If you went with the Brew saver shipping, I believe they process them in the order they were received, so if there is a backlog, it will take longer until your order is shipped. I've always used this, but my orders have always shipped within a couple days after I ordered.
This is most likely the case. I still order quite a bit of stuff from AHS, but I do have another source that's closer that can get me items the next day rather than 3 days ahead of time.

Most of the orders I've placed with AHS get shipped within 2 days, then 3 days to get to me. Considering how far away from me they are I think that's pretty good.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #7
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus View Post
Most of the orders I've placed with AHS get shipped within 2 days, then 3 days to get to me. Considering how far away from me they are I think that's pretty good.
Im close enough that it only takes two day's for shipping. I was hoping the order could go out within 3 day's, I guess not.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #8
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
Well ****. Less than an hour ago I ordered a second fermenter so I could have a brew day this weekend. From what it sounds like it will be the next weekend. Of course, by then my first fermenter will be empty. I guess i'd end up getting two eventually, regardless.
See if they can catch your order....you might be able to catch it and add some ingredients for the next batch...flat rate shipping....Make for a heck of a deal.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
See if they can catch your order....you might be able to catch it and add some ingredients for the next batch...flat rate shipping....Make for a heck of a deal.
There's also 2 cases of 22oz bottles and an Oatmeal Stout kit in the order. I have a Double Chocolate Stout I was wanting to brew with a friend this Saturday.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 AM   #10
Hawgbranch
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Ordered Friday afternoon and as of 1 minute ago it was still being processed. I hope they wait till the last minute to box that yeast up.......

On Tap: - Backwater IPA
Carboy 1: - Sable Tooth Tiger CDA
Carboy 2: - Sable Tooth Tiger CDA

Closed Thread

Quick Reply