Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Austin Homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
LarMoeCur
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Austin Homebrew

A thumbs up to them. I just received my first order and I am very pleased. Everything was packed in sealed bags. Order was perfect. Shipping is as good as it can get! I'm in the one day zone for ground. I still like to handle my own grains just to make sure everything is on the money and there is nothing like looking around a LHBS for little things you might have forgotten like line cleaner Oh well I need make another order anyway.

I do miss Homebrewmart in San Diego The birth place of Whitelabs Yeast for homebrewing. They always had great beer on tap to sample. A couple of 4 oz samplers always made the tip to the LHBS an adventure

Last edited by LarMoeCur; 01-05-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

A good LHBS is a wonderful thing. I really miss the Oak Barrel in Berkeley, CA There's nothing up here that compares in size, selection or friendliness. I suspect the Oregon Liquor Control Commission prevents giving out any samples. Also, homebrewing is very, very serious up here. I brewed for 5 years in California and never even heard about BJCP.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Last edited by david_42; 01-05-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
LarMoeCur
Recipes 

I've been in a bumbed out beer mood lately because of these stupid Texas laws. I got so spoiled in San Diego and Seattle. There were great mircobreweries everywhere. San Diego had Stone, Balist Point, Karl Strauss, Coronado Brewing co., even that Gordon B something place. All great beers! Seattle had Pyramid right next to the ball parks. Pikes brewery, Red Hook ect.

SOUTHERN TEXAS HAS NOTHING!!

I plan to kick my brewing into overdrive and have kegs of all my favorites. So, as my moods change so will the kegs.

Last edited by LarMoeCur; 01-05-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
aekdbbop

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I have always loved AHB, except for their kegging supplies... it seems like they are lacking in that area a bit... there kits are a good price, but northern brewer has them slightly less expensive, with the kit including the yeast...

Quick Reply