Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anyone interested in blogging about homebrew?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
MVKTR2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default Anyone interested in blogging about homebrew?

Wanted to see whom reads beer blogs other than me?

Additionally I used to maintain a homebrew blog but quit as my brewing slowed in 2010. However picking up the pace again this winter I'm looking to get back into blogging about it. I'd like to know if anyone would like to join me in blogging about homebrew. One of the more important aspects of blogging is to do it regularly as it helps to build a following. Blogging together is of course a way to remedy such issues.

I'd love to find 1-3 other people interested in going in together on a homebrew blog. The idea from my perspective would be artisanal focused, a non-recipe based take (obviously includes recipes), but focused on creativity, history, and fun with brewing as the bulls eye for focus. However we could/would all bring our own slant and would of course cover some commercial beer angles as well as related interest, perhaps cooking/pairings and such.

Below are a few blogs for example. The first will be my old blog which morphed into all beer, the next will be the mad fermentationist (whom post here and has gotten quite a bit of 'run' from his substantial efforts and brewing prowess actually landing a professional brewing gig), then it's a blog I saw today that spurred me onward toward putting this out there, and finally it's the Session Beer Project blog which is a bit wordy and less graphic but was for a long time a very well maintained/well written blog. Looking for clean, simple, pictures, straightforward/not overly complicated, and interesting.

http://highkrausen.blogspot.com/

http://www.themadfermentationist.com/

http://chrisgillisonline.com/homebrew/

http://sessionbeerproject.blogspot.com/

So if you're interested post here or inbox me. Not looking to make/charge money, just for the love of beer and brewing!

Cheers!
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

adam62cb Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
homebrewdad
Recipes 

Liked 320 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 227

I already run a homebrewing blog (link in my sig), but I'll swap links with you, if you like.

Fermenting: nothing
Lagering: Swarthy Satyr (traditional bock)
Bottled: Royal Goblin (Hoppy Hobgoblin rendition), Treasure Type "T" (oatmeal toffee stout), Enchantress (big Irish red ale), Frostfire (Oktoberfest), Thundersmoke brown ale

Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Shred
Non-Recovering Alcoholic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 148 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 197

I actually just got started brewing and blogging. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

www.shredshomebrews.com

- Shred

Check out my blog!
www.ShredsHomebrews.com

On Tap: Shred's Saison

Primary 1: Cornholio's Bunghole Surprise
Primary 2: Necromantic Amber Ale
Primary 3: Wooden Tongue Oatmeal Stout
Primary 4: Blaze's 50th B-Day Grapefruit IPA
Primary 5: TC's Torrontes
Secondary 1: Lambic-Style Sour Ale
Secondary 2: Sara's Chianti

Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
Dodonkious
Recipes 

Likes Given: 10

Since I majored in Creative Writing this is up my ally. In addition I will soon be the manager of a homebrew shop so shoot me a message about this, I would be happy to help!

Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
scottland
Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 12

There was/is a long thread where those of us that have blogs shared links and discussed. You might have better luck posting in that thread, as its not too old.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/homebrewing-blog-273936/

Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
MVKTR2
Recipes 

I've just spent a good little bit updating the look of my blog as we could use it and I could grant editing/author privileges to the group that decides to do it. Here's a link if anyone wants to view it, http://highkrausen.blogspot.com/ I've rebranded the blog 'High Krausen - a brewing blog', new look, etc. I quit keeping it up in 2010 and have to say the management/editing tools at blogger and photobucket have improved tremendously since that time.

Thanks Scottland I'll check out that link tomorrow (after a little shuteye). Also I'll get to those who've replied with interest very soon.

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
Hex
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I literally just started my first blog www.idgfusa.blogspot.com
My collage buddy from Japan put me up to it.
It is themed on any damn good, personal, culinary experience.
I'm using my iPod touch over wifi and the Blogger app exclusively.
I'll check out your efforts soon, good luck!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #8
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Been very busy today and for much of this week, did have time to brew a berliner weisse I started the sour mash on Monday night for though. That's an awesome experience I'll be adding to the blog.

So far you guys are impressive in your blogging. Keep it up and I'll get in touch with those whom want to participate soon.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
dpatrickv
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 73

I might enjoy doing a bit of blogging about my brewing. I tend to brew outside the box a lot of the time, so might be a different perspective than some.

Kegged
Summer Session #1 - Summer Session #2 - Hakuna Matata Strawberry Saison - Dank You Very Much IIPA - NZ Saison
Primary/Secondary
Sidelined Short Bus
On Deck

Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #10
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Dodonkious & dpatrickv I've sent you private messages with an email addy you need to contact me at so I can add you as authors. Additionally a few people contacted me via PM and I've responded to them as well.

To others offering to swap links, I'll get around to it. I also look forward to perhaps asking some of you to 'guest post/share stories'. Thanks for the encouragement and i looked at everyone's blogs here. Really good stuff. Homebrewdad is active, entertaining, and informative. The newbie Shred is hilarious, seriously, keep at it and if you'd like to join the team blog let me know, a newb perspective might be nice. Hex, lets just say I'm jealous, I'm such a foodie and Japan would be an Opus Maximus!

Anyone that wants to join, let me know!

Quick Reply