Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > anyone had AHS Bavarian Hefewiezen?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #51
NavySur4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is the second time I've seen Forrest offer to hook someone up on HBT - and the main reason I started ordering from AHS. That is quality customer service. I just brewed the double chocolate stout and it is amazing!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #52
doctorRobert
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just don't use distilled water. Also id skip a starter. Not entirely necessary for hefe of this size. There are probably other areas you should focus on besides yeast starters now.

Yo, What's Wrong With The Beer We Got? I Mean the Beer we got drank pretty Good Don't It? I Ain't Never Heard nobody complain about the beer we have..... It Drank Pretty Good. Budweiser...What's the name of some of them other beers ?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #53
jackers252
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySur4 View Post
This is the second time I've seen Forrest offer to hook someone up on HBT - and the main reason I started ordering from AHS. That is quality customer service. I just brewed the double chocolate stout and it is amazing!
I am drinking their double chocolate stouts off of nitrogen right now! What a great beer.

I agree, Forrest makes things right. I love his kits and as many orders as I have placed through them, I haven't had a bad one yet.

Hopefully things work out and you give AHS an extra shot.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #54
rodneypierce
Recipes 

Oh, I fully plan on using AHS's products, just didnt plan on this particular beer from them. I plan on buying there double chocolate stout kit, and there oatmeal stout kit. Those are 2 beers that I just cant seem to ever pass up when I see them.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #55
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
No, after having two orders back to back incorrectly filled and having to make multiple trips into the store on both orders to get the rest of the ingredients or to swap out wrong ingredients I gave up. I still ended up finding out I was missing stuff from the order. I placed a separate order with Brewmasters Warehouse just to get the stuff I had already paid your store for.

I would call the customer service somewhere between piss poor and embarassing. Obviously nobody checked the orders when they were filled. Those orders were months apart so it's not like somebody just had an off day. That's a sign of a consistent quality problem. And EVERY time I went back to explain a problem with the order I either got total indifference or an excuse that whoever I was talking to didn't fill the order so it wasn't their fault. One time I even had to argue whether what I ordered was what I needed instead of what they gave me. I'm pretty sure I know what I put in my own recipes.

I guess when I realized I was still short on stuff or that the kit seemed to be off (I am suspect that there was any wheat malt in the Live Oak Hefe kit I received because it doesn't taste like it was compiled correctly) I should drive four hours back to Austin or call the store to hear excuses? I'd rather not deal with your "awesome" customer service just to hear excuses.
You are right. A lot has changed since the problems you had. I have fired a couple people and I have completely removed the customer service guy that was there. He is forbidden to answer the phone or write an email.

If anyone is not happy with the service Austin Homebrew provides send us an email: info@austinhomebrew.com. If you are not happy with the resolution you can call or email me directly @ forrest@austinhomebrew.com
I want to make it right. Contact me before going to a forum and expressing displeasure. I can fix a problem if I know about it.

ReverseApacheMaster: Sorry for the problems you have had. PM me your name and email address and I will hook you up with a $100 gift certificate for your troubles.

Forrest

Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #56
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySur4 View Post
Thanks. That is my personal recipe. Glad you like it.

Forrest

Old 01-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #57
rodneypierce
Recipes 

Forrest has stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. He didnt have to do anything, because, it could have simply been written off due to my brewing, or a newb mistake. But instead he goes out of his way to try and make sure a new brewer like myself prevails. Thanks Forrest for the help. You guys will be seeing more orders from me.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #58
jackers252
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Home Run Forrest. I have seen you step up to the plate numerous times on here now and each time you hit it out of the park.

It's days like this that I feel great about all the money I have spent at AHS.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 AM   #59
kpr121
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackers252 View Post
Home Run Forrest. I have seen you step up to the plate numerous times on here now and each time you hit it out of the park.

Agreed +10000

Bottled:
Bulk Aging:
Up Next: ???? Suggestions?

Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 AM   #60
D_Struct
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackers252 View Post

I couldn't agree more!

On Deck: Still researching
Primary: Empty (Not for long!)
Secondary: Empty
On Tap: Blood Orange Hefeweizen, Cream Ale, Belgian Tripel IPA, Breakfast Stout

Quick Reply