Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anyone ever tried budweiser?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
brown_dog_us
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've had it in Prague. It was good, but the other's were better. I can't remember the names though.

Prague is a really cool place for a vacation. It's got all the European charm, beer, and a castle!

Keg: Imperial Stout
Keg: Steam Beer
Keg: Robust Porter
Keg: Blonde Ale
Keg: Red Ale
Keg: Vienna Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
Bullbythehorns
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I had it while in Ostrava I don't recall it being outstanding, but that was in my BMC days. What I am most proud of is the Pilsner Urquell crystal raised embossed glass the bartender sold me for $2 usd. Also picked up their local BMC type beer glass, it was a Radegast.

FERMENTING: BCS Black Forest Stout, Two Hearted Ale Clone
ON TAP: Dry Irish Stout, Epic Pale Ale Clone, BM's Cent Blonde, Blackfoot River IPA, Racer 5 IPA clone with homegrown hops, Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Threee Floyd's Gumball head clone, Moose Drools Clone
ON DECK: Saison, Pliny the Elder clone

Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #13
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I would LOVE to try Urquell on Tap. I can imagine what goodness it could be if it weren't skunked.
You can get it any number of places in KC. Tried it two or three times. Always unskunked, never great.

6 weeks unrefrigerated on a boat does nothing for me, although I've noticed that most homebrewers seem to love beer that has been sitting around at room temperature for months.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #14
tokolosh
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumnerH View Post
Yeah, it's an okay Czech Pilsner. They sell it over here as Czechvar (trademark reasons) but it's usually pretty skunked after the trip.

I had some in Prague. IMO it was on the same level as Pilsner Urquell (which is also a lot better fresh, and can sometimes be found on top in the US), and both were better than Staropramen. Neither is really fantastic but they're both good serviceable lagers.
You, sir, should be ashamed! Fresh Staropramen is a great lager. G-R-E-A-T. Perhaps, you have been misinformed on how delicious beer should taste. It's ok, I forgive you... but I won't forget.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2797 Times on 2744 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post
You can get it any number of places in KC. Tried it two or three times. Always unskunked, never great.

6 weeks unrefrigerated on a boat does nothing for me, although I've noticed that most homebrewers seem to love beer that has been sitting around at room temperature for months.
That doesn't mean we drink it at room temperature. It just ages at room temp. It's at least chilled to 45-55 before drinking. But your light lagers are still going to be served cold. I wouldn't imagine lager to ever be good warm.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
fastricky
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Just shows how great minds don't think alike all the time...

I was in Prague last year and the P.Urquell and Budvar fresh and on tap (AND in a real-deal Czech drinking establishment where they are slinging this stuff in mugs like it was a life-sustaining substance) is a great experience, and pretty tasty. Totally session stuff.

I did not like Staropramen at all! Thought it was far inferior... hey, one man's opinion and all that...

Old 02-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #17
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post

Anyone ever try Budweiser?
Yes. I did once, in college, but I was just experimenting, and I didn't like it.

On a serious note, I never liked Belgian beer until I actually went to Belgium. I spent a week in Bruges, and was forever changed by the experience. You know how most people here have that "epiphany beer," the one brew that changed their life? I had that, as well as an "epiphany woman," and an "epiphany waffle."

Belgium is awesome.

Edited: Had I been able to combine the three into an epiphany beer-woman-waffle experience, I would likely have overdosed on pure liquid awesome, and died.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #18
Bob
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Had I been able to combine the three into an epiphany beer-woman-waffle experience, I would likely have overdosed on pure liquid awesome, and died.
SOOOOO going in the Quotes thread.

And my sig.

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Quick Reply