Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anyone ever tried this beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
jvcjbl
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Anyone ever tried this beer?

I was at Spec's (a huge Costco x 2 sized liquor store in Houston, Texas) and was looking for random beers to try. I hobbled down the local isle and found a rather interesting bottle. I love BIG beers and figured the name/description fit the bill. I just poured my first sniffer full and I have to admit after just 1/2 the glass it is probably one of the best Ales I have ever drank. Has anyone ever tried this beer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
dougdecinces
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I've had their Kiltlifter before, but not this one. Though now I want to, since I'm a fan of assertive ales.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #3
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Yep, they're just up the road a bit.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 01-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
jvcjbl
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Yep, they're just up the road a bit.
Really?? I just happened to find them in Texas. Random that we can get a "no name" (using it super loosely don't get offended) beer from Texas but nothing "bigger named" like Firestone (which is were I am originally from in CA.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
Really?? I just happened to find them in Texas. Random that we can get a "no name" (using it super loosely don't get offended) beer from Texas but nothing "bigger named" like Firestone (which is were I am originally from in CA.
Listen here pal, you need to tread lightly.

NO NAME?!? Why I oughta....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 01-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
jvcjbl
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Listen here pal, you need to tread lightly.

NO NAME?!? Why I oughta....

HAHAH!! I was using it in the context of Dogfish being "no named" compared to BMC.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
Hex
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Yup, I've had it, funny I can't remember it's profile, any tasting notes to jog my memory?

Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #8
dougdecinces
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
Hey now, that takes me back. I grew up in Orcutt, CA and Firestone Double Barrel Ale was like a rite of passage for me on my way to the now hundreds of good beers I've had.

Quick Reply